Tesoro Vaquero or Tejon on gold grain and nuggets finds.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking to find discussion even better videos on the Tesoro Vaquero or Tejon finds on small gold grain and nugget sizes next to depth, as well different coil sizes that were used.

More on videos of actual finds would be awesome, if anyone has any? Not seeing enough videos posted, although have read a half a dozen discussions and wondering if

there are any videos hiding out there and please no jewelry finds either.

I hear this is a good metal detector in finding gold just would like to see more.

Thanks!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Vaquero can find small nuggets, but not like the Lobo Super Traq. You need to use a small coil on the Vaquero, and run in All Metal.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Terry

I forgot to mention that I debated on the 5.75 widescan or the concentric coil . In my area I tend to be in areas with more trash so opt with the concentric since I have the Vaquero black 11x8 DD. But while I was heading out for a trip to Rock Creek, B.C, it would have been nice to use a wide scan over the concentric 5.75 that I have bought already only thing I was waiting for me when I returned from my trip it in the mail, so only had the 11x8 with me.

Is it true the 5.75 widescan would be a bit better for nugget hunting over the conncentric 5.75. I rather just take that on my next trip out if I am headed that way again next year? I imagine I may loose maybe a 1/2 inch if that depending on size of grain/nugget that I am hoping for.

Thanks for the reply as well, I just go back into the sport and it has been 35 years in the making of my return! I read your post and like where you are coming from and how you have stood by the Tesoro brand name.

PS

I will eventually look at another Tesoro as my next detector, and have been leaning toward the Super Trac, or Tejon..but liked what 53silver said on the Golden Umax, but hear Tesoro has discontinued this but hopes that there new metal dector has a notch width build into it, as it appeared to be pretty cool option to have and hope we can anticipate this in a new build. I hear you when you suggest the Compadre as well as an alternate detector even if it is a lower cost machine, will consider this as well.

Regards.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Double D coil is better in the gold field, because the ground is usually highly mineralized.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread