Tesoro vaquero question

Treasurecowboy

Feb 14, 2007
Del City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Hey everyone I have a question....I was playing around in my backyard with my Tesoro vaquero and got a signal that sounded a lot like a goat. :D I dug down about 2 feet and never found anything, so I decided to stop. (Thinking maybe a line of some sort lay just below) Any idea what I was hearing? Was it interference? I changed the frequencies, and even changed locations, and the md worked fine, so it wasn't my battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Treasurecowboy & Ladybug

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I think your detector is ok.Might have needed ground balancing.How old is your home?And by that I mean maybe it is a sewer or septic line.Some older ones were cast iron.Or it could have been tele cable,elec cable,water line,etc.Did you try to see if it,the signal,traveled in a line?Of course if it is one of the above,the line would be going deeper all the time and you may loose it.Was your place or at least the yard constructed with 'fill'?

Nugget Hog

Jun 25, 2006
Lakeland, Florida
First make sure your neighbors don't have a farm. ;D
Definitely electrical interference. Try turning down the sensitivity. I hunt for property markers alot and have heard many goats, pigs and the occasional chicken in my headphones. Often times hunting near the sidewalk where the cable and power wires are is impossible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread