Tesoro Vaquero & the new Delta DD 11x8 Widescan Coil

nitnelyons

Mar 10, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
On my 3rd Tesoro Vaquero. Sold the first two because I fell for all the "Hype" on the XP Deus, and Equinox. Will not sell/trade this one.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coils I have for Tesoro Vaquero

5.75" Round Widescan (highly recommended)
9x8 Monolithic (damn good coil)
12x10 Widescan (good, but dig a lot of deep beaver tails, the occasional ghost hole, & heavy)
11x8 Delta DD (1st day hunt, 2 silvers! Need I say more?)

Back to Topic.
The New DD Delta Coil 1st impressions in air test, and test garden? Wasn't any better than the Monolithic Coil.
After taking it to the field. Finding out its very sensitive, and not able to run it hot, annoyed me. All other coils the minimum setting? 10.

1st hour: Frustrations! Spent a lot of time adjusting this & that, & listening to a lot of chatter.
2nd hour: Placed sensitivity to the quiet spot, "8" and dug 5 wheats, a rosey, and a merc.

I've used the monolithic coil in this area. With it super tuned, I don't get a repeatable signal on a dime deeper than 7". You know its there, but its not repeatable back & forth. With this DD Delta, even with it set at 8, you get a repeatable signal. All 7 coins had nails around it, with foil, and aluminum junk in the holes as well. Just slightly heavier than the Monolithic.

100_0345.JPG

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool beans mister, good stuff to know! Seven inches maximum for a repeatable signal with stock coil? What's the mineralization like in the ground you're detecting? Moderately high, to high mineralization could be the reason, or at least one reason, why the DD coil performed better for you compared to the stock coil. I haven't used a tesoro detector but have been wanting to. I have been thinking I would like to have a compadre for sure, and would love to try out a Vaquero and/or tejon. Anyway, good information, thanks for sharing it! HH and good luck to ya!

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Resurrect this thread, the Vaq on repeat-ability on dimes at 7" with the 11x8 good to see with high to moderately high soil settings lowered to get those more repeatable signals..even higher then 7" that makes sense, should still hit at 8" with the DD depending on soil and good GB, for me I don't have to super tune maybe I have a hot machine and coil as well then, as my soil is low to very low iron. Even the Mojave is getting good depth on dimes with the 7" though with the high mineral settings for those, I imagine getting the depths mentioned in this video below, but Tesoro always good depth.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldnt the Mojave do even better if he slowed down? Wow......

Unless it's the Mojave, my Tesoros dont liked to be whipped like that for best depth and signal.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have read my thoughts exactly, I have seen so many machines that people are swinging fast and the responses are remarkable lately. The Mojave would make a great competitor hunt machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread