Tesoro Vaquero Users

Detect9

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2006
Hello all , I am considering an upgrade from my Silver Umax to a Vaquero . I was wondering if any Vaquero users can help me out with a question I have? Should I buy the optional 5.75 coil or use the stock coil for coinshooting. I know that larger coils mean more depth , but I want opinions from those who have used both coils , and what depths they experienced . I will be mainly hitting the local school yards , parks , and lawns. I think I have been missing alot of silver with my Umax , pulled many wheats , but silver gives me the slip. I know its there because the old school yard I am hunting has only been hit by my brother and I . Horses graze the school yard now.
Thanks for any input or advice , David ( TN. )

Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
hrsetrder said:
Hello all , I am considering an upgrade from my Silver Umax to a Vaquero . I was wondering if any Vaquero users can help me out with a question I have? Should I buy the optional 5.75 coil or use the stock coil for coinshooting. I know that larger coils mean more depth , but I want opinions from those who have used both coils , and what depths they experienced . I will be mainly hitting the local school yards , parks , and lawns. I think I have been missing alot of silver with my Umax , pulled many wheats , but silver gives me the slip. I know its there because the old school yard I am hunting has only been hit by my brother and I . Horses graze the school yard now.
Thanks for any input or advice , David ( TN. )

I use the DeLeon but I think I know what the Vaquero folks are going to tell you...YES! Get it.

Just remember the coil for the Cibola, Vaquero, and Tejon is different from that used by the uMax family of Tesoro machines (DeLeon, Cortes, etc.).

I know for a fact a small coil kills in high trash areas. I've used a cheapo toy detector with 6 inch coil in high trash areas and found lots of stuff 1 to 3 inches deep my mega machines missed.

Many awesome coins are very shallow. In 40 years of hunting my very best coins were under 4 inches deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread