Tesoro with removable coil

TJinCBFL

Mar 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the hobby and recently picked up an older Sand Shark that has the removable coil and had a couple questions. First, it's my understanding from reading various threads that the reason they went to the hard wired was because of connector availability and not some inherent flaw or problem. That aside, is there anything I need to know about the older unit that is different or that I need to pay special attention to?

Also, my unit has the 8" coil and while I was searching around, I went back and forth between wanting an 8 or a 10.5. Well, I ended up finding a deal on the 8, so that's what I bought. Does Tesoro (or dealers) sell a replacement 10.5 coil that I can buy? Or would I have to send it in and end up with a hard wired unit? I'd rather have the option of switching them, but in all my searching even before I bought mine, I never came across just a coil for sale?

If the Tesoro folks read this, are there any older coils or plugs or cables available to build my own?

Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed. I'm not in a big hurry as I just got the unit, but figured I'd go ahead and ask..

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
While you are waiting for a response - you might consider browsing: Brands > Tesoro

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they sell the 8 and 10.5 "with the unit" as you are saying. I am unsure if they offer them separate...but cannot imagine they wouldn't. Forcing you to buy a new machine for just a coil would be marketing suicide I would think.

Best best would be to call then Directly at Tesoro or hit up the Tesoro section that vpnavy posted. Couple of very knowledgeable Sand Shark users there.

Welcome to the forums....pretty new here too and so far it's rad stuff.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro also offers a 3X18" Clean Sweep Coil for the Sand Shark.

OP
OP
T

TJinCBFL

Mar 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point about it being in the brand section. Probably should have posted it there, but didn't think of it. If the mods think it should be moved there, I'm OK with it obviously.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread