Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice a lot of PS 1 games listed as tested.
O K, I can never beat the games, "play them all the way through".
So how do you know if there might be a glitch 6 hours into the game?
None of the ones I will be listing have any really bad scratches.
I use a lot of pics so I could shoot close ups of both sides of the disc, I notice very few game sellers do that.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of their "testing" involves putting it in and seeing if it loads. At most they may play it for a few minutes. If a game has light scratches, it's probably ok. If there are a lot, I will run them in a JFJ Easy Pro+ and polish them. I won't buy a game with heavy scratches, even though the JFJ does a darn good resurfacing for the price I paid for it.
I haven't had anyone return a game yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of their "testing" involves putting it in and seeing if it loads. At most they may play it for a few minutes. If a game has light scratches, it's probably ok. If there are a lot, I will run them in a JFJ Easy Pro+ and polish them. I won't buy a game with heavy scratches, even though the JFJ does a darn good resurfacing for the price I paid for it.
I haven't had anyone return a game yet.
Thank you! I read the reviews on the JFJ Easy Pro+ and they were all excellent. I have thought about purchasing one.
especially if it does not leave any swirl marks.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you plan on selling a lot of games, it is a great tool to have.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O K
I have A question.
Looking at the current auctions on Ebay, some sellers describe their games as "acceptable". They do not state how bad the scratches are.
I see Mint, like new, good, very good etc. I try to always disclose any condition issues, but how do you determine light scratches, some scratches. I do not need to count the scratches I hope! :laughing7:
99% of the games I will be listing, to the naked eye you can barely see any scratches. If I use a flash...even light, light scratches look bad.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has to have the original case and inserts to be listed as good or above. Like new means just that, like new, but opened. So you see it has as much to do with the packaging as it does with the disc.

When you go to list and choose the condition, a window with the definition will open and show the item requirements to meet that condition.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has to have the original case and inserts to be listed as good or above. Like new means just that, like new, but opened. So you see it has as much to do with the packaging as it does with the disc.

When you go to list and choose the condition, a window with the definition will open and show the item requirements to meet that condition.
OK thanks. Somehow i missed that.
Gotta revise now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread