Testing rocks crushed from ore belt

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a test pan from some rock I crushed today - only 1kg. It is only around 2 metres deep and this belt seems to go down. I should have 20 tons of this ore to process through a stamp mill on Friday. Picture is slightly blurry. 12342700_10207982444616792_8628338624205500362_n.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool black sand, now show us the gold :)

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a test pan from some rock I crushed today - only 1kg. It is only around 2 metres deep and this belt seems to go down. I should have 20 tons of this ore to process through a stamp mill on Friday. Picture is slightly blurry. View attachment 1244444

I reckon the gold is supposed to be down on that roughly made riffle lip Kevin . Hard to tell by the pic though .

I wonder do yall like to work the rock bare foot like that or is there another reason for not wearing some boots ?
Given the nature of running a stamp and rock that can be like razors seems like you would have something on
your feet . Them feets look rough man . I feel for ya .

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, yes in Zimbabwe, we milled 11 tons of that ore and it ran at 6.2g per ton. We have gone slightly deeper now and the grades look better. The picture is very blurry I know but the gold is at the head of the black sand..........I did not have a proper pan that day!!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
6.2g/ton? That is good material!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, yes in Zimbabwe, we milled 11 tons of that ore and it ran at 6.2g per ton. We have gone slightly deeper now and the grades look better. The picture is very blurry I know but the gold is at the head of the black sand..........I did not have a proper pan that day!!

Aah ...... :hello: .

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also laughing at the feet!! The guys working in the shafts take of their shoes when climbing out especially when it has been raining. Yes samples are good, we aim to extract around 40 tons of ore a week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread