Texas and Oklahoma Fires

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Absolutely! I have an email pal who has been out helping a friend that lost their home. Very scary thought and so early in the year even! :o Praying for the safety of all of ya!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Our Thoughts and Prayers are also being sent to all those in Oklahoma and Arkansas. I did not hear about Texas? I just heard that Arkansas and Oklahoma got hit with Tornados and of the fires in Oklahoma. But we will send our Prayers out to Texas as well.

And I pray none of our TNet members are affected either!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They evacuated the town of Choctaw last night! So many people have lost their homes ! Now the say the fire in Mid West city was started on purpose HIGH SCHOOL KIDS! In a wrecker yard! so many stories of heros and of loss ... no homes no jobs lost all the family earlier this year they themselves only have a couple of monthes left to live, people that have no where to go! It just makes you cry! Then when they say they know one was on purpose you get really, really mad !

K-Man

Apr 12, 2007
marinette, wi
my prayers go out to them as im a firefighter here in wisconsin and we have had alot of wild fires over the week here in marinette county

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me if Atoka is alright? Have friends there, and I emailed (and tried to call them), but haven't gotten an answer.

B

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its ok need to ask Fossis for sure, he is closer to that area! But maybe lines are down that go to that area.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atoka's fine. It was more from OKC down the I-35 corridor. I'm up here in Colorado now, but there's no doubt in anyone's mind I'm from Oklahoma. We have very violent extremes of weather that can kill us. We always picked up and started over again. If you're not from there, you can't comprehend the devastation of some tornadoes. April 19 is coming up too. My family came to Oklahoma with the Indian Removal and the Reconstruction. I hear people make fun of us and call us Okies. I'm just pretty proud to be from Oklahoma, and we'll be thinking of all the folks who lost their homes in the recent fires.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend is ok, too. He had taken his dozer somewhere to help out with first some earthwork, (fire lines?) and then some clean-up work afterwards.

Be proud to be an Okie. Lived in Oklahoma for a couple of years - I liked it there (not crazy about tornadoes, but, everyplace has its issues). There are some great people in Ok. Ok is OK. :thumbsup:

B

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our state song I think is the most reconized there is and I am very proud to be an Okie! We got tornados and earthquakes bad lighting storms and just plain devasting straight winds, floods, fog, wild fires, you name it! but, this is MY home! And I still have a lot of this great state to see! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread