Texas beaches

mexiko41

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2005
???
I'm currently staying in Abilene and live in Northern CA. I would like to take a trip to the Texas coast and do some detecting. I have an MXT and a DFX. Any suggestions as to where there might be good beaches anywhere along the gulf coast. I am trying to get my wife interested in the hobby and thought the beach thing would work! Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Mexiko,
I have hunted on Galveston island from the east beach to San Luis Pass. Its a hit and miss scenario. I have never found any thing but clad and a license plate. lol. I was using an old bounty hunter and GTX 350. Its the fun of the hunt and if you can get your wife to go and try she may get hooked. There is some good places to eat there too. Guido's on the seawall and of course there is The Strand area to visit.
I have some ideas for an area east of Houston near where I used to live that I am going to check when I get back from L.A. I told my wife about them and she was kinda interested so maybe I can get her to get the bug. I am going to buy the Garrett 250 after I finish working nights and hit some ghost towns outside L.A. while I am working here and see if I can get lucky. Tracy

OP
OP
M

mexiko41

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2005
Thanks Tracy, If you get out of the LA and would like to get out a bit, you might try the Randsburg area. Along the road is open for the most part but watch the postings and current mining activity. GPAA has a lot of good locations for Gold in that area. Good luck
LarryC

BayouHunter

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2006
The areas east of Houston that you may be referring to are the Clear Lake/Kemah area. Lafitte and his people were all over this area all the way down to Galveston. I've read many rumors of caches stowed in this area. Good Luck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hunted the Galveston beaches alot and have done well and so has old Norm. Visit www.thegoldenolde.com/

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions