Texas Centennial Half Dollar...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm trying to track down an AUTHENTIC example of a Texas Centennial Half Dollar to add to my Texas catalog.

- Any year
- Any mint
- Any condition

Graded or not, I don't care!

I'd actually prefer it be in a lesser grade or condition, that way I don't have to spend 250 bucks for a graded MS65 or the like. I can pick one of those up online right now!

Please drop me a message if you have one and want to strike a deal!

Attachments

• image-3310363302.png
    image-3310363302.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 142
  • image-3108094488.png
    image-3108094488.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bump.

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a couple of ebay auctions going on right now, with bidding in the $125 range, about right for AU according to Red Book. I'd like one, myself.

I was born in the Texas Hill Country. Where are you at?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Coin shop on Hwy 183 in Austin has several. It is in a center near Half Price Books if I recall correctly. Closer to town, like up from Lamar, well before Hwy 360.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's a couple of ebay auctions going on right now, with bidding in the $125 range, about right for AU according to Red Book. I'd like one, myself. I was born in the Texas Hill Country. Where are you at?

Ya know, I saw some of the eBay listings, I was just kinda weary about actually buying one and getting the exact coin shown in the pictures if that makes sense.

I tend to be more of a "face to face" transaction kinda guy when it comes to this sentimental value stuff! I realize that having that logic only makes it more difficult on myself in my search for items like this! Haha

Thanks so much for your tip, I may send some of those eBay sellers a private message and see if I get a warm and fuzzy.

It's also great to hear from another with TX Hill Country roots... I'm from the Fredericksburg area!

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coin shop on Hwy 183 in Austin has several. It is in a center near Half Price Books if I recall correctly. Closer to town, like up from Lamar, well before Hwy 360.

This was exactly what I was looking for!

Great lead, thanks!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread