Texas find

Sorry, pic didn't post. Here it is

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140426_102734.png
    ForumRunner_20140426_102734.png
    355 KB · Views: 149
It looks to be made of the same material as all the surrounding rock to me.. So just based on this one photo I would go with rock

It looks to be made of the same material as all the surrounding rock to me.. So just based on this one photo I would go with rock

What??? Really???Colorations? Size? Shape? Just a big different color Bone shaped rock is your best guess?? Omg It's the inside of a Sea Eurchin !!! Guy in Florida knows about everything; everywhere!!!!

Sorry about that bug you got stuck up there but I was just giving my opinion.. Just how did you come up with your conclusion there buddy?... Wherever you're from not that it matters... What are you calling the inside of a sea urchin anyway? Definitely not whats in the photo above... Oh I get it now you were yelling at me about something on a completely different post thats real nice do you have anything to mention about this one?
Without any more photos to go by yes it looks like a bone shaped rock

Last edited:
I happened to have seen a few bones over the years.. Here's a bone

ForumRunner_20140510_183624.png

Hey GatorBoy!! Oh come on now, you know that's a Crescent Wrench!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

I was refering to the thread killing post that you entered on my thread....He has a pic of some sort of Bone fossil...And I had pics of a carving in stone or petrified wood..And your a knowit all!

I was refering to the thread killing post that you entered on my thread....He has a pic of some sort of Bone fossil...And I had pics of a carving in stone or petrified wood..And your a knowit all!

I'm going to do you a favor and try to steer you in a different direction in your membership early on before you get too far down the road you're on at the moment

What??? Really???Colorations? Size? Shape? Just a big different color Bone shaped rock is your best guess?? Omg It's the inside of a Sea Eurchin !!! Guy in Florida knows about everything; everywhere!!!!

This comment took me a minute to figure out but it's about one of your posts and has absolutely nothing to do with this one I guess you're just using it to vent on me in someone else's post

I just want this guy to know that your not always right and keep looking for the truth

If he's an adult I'm sure he can come up with that on his own

Gentlemen please end the arguing.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Red Earth, Gator Boy is right. I promise you that it is limestone rock and not a bone. Here at Canyon Lake, near San Antonio, we(fellow teachers in the 1980's), found some perfect small dinosaur bones. Turns out ALL the "bones" were bone shaped limestone. We realized it and a University of Texas geologist verified it. Gator Boy was just trying to help you. Please don't attack guys like him because he spends a great deal of time digging in sediments very similar to where your sample was found and is an expert at it. There are bones out there(he showed you a picture), but yours is a rock. Sorry, but the truth is the truth. Again, the guy is as close to an authority as you can get...

Red Earth, Gator Boy is right. I promise you that it is limestone rock and not a bone. Here at Canyon Lake, near San Antonio, we(fellow teachers in the 1980's), found some perfect small dinosaur bones. Turns out ALL the "bones" were bone shaped limestone. We realized it and a University of Texas geologist verified it. Gator Boy was just trying to help you. Please don't attack guys like him because he spends a great deal of time digging in sediments very similar to where your sample was found and is an expert at it. There are bones out there(he showed you a picture), but yours is a rock. Sorry, but the truth is the truth. Again, the guy is as close to an authority as you can get...

I didn't say anything to gator or the other guy. They started fighting on a thread I started.
So thanks for your opinion on the bone looking stone, Anything else your talking about has nothing to do with me so leave me out of it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back