Texas Gold Mines

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I think Im not sure but I think that a Mexican mining company holds a lot of the mineral rights around there and Llano's silver mines.

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Just for your info. There is no real Llano "Silver Mines", per se. There is a couple of formations that will assay as high as 10 oz. Ag per ton, but averages more about 2 - 3 oz. ton. Also, the property is still private and owned in total by the family of the Rancher that had the work done on it by the University of Texas to establish gold and silver values. Ya really do need to keep up on things and not be spreading old wives tales and rumors that have been proven to be without merit.

They found the old Spanish workings, and arrastas, the whole ball of wax all over the area, and concluded that the Spaniards used Indian slave labor and worked them to death as evidenced by the graves the anthropologists found around the area for the silver and small amount of gold that they actually did recover. No wonder the Indians finally rebelled and killed and run 'em outta the country. I would too! Comanchero

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread