Version 1.15

HistoryHunter22

Apr 19, 2015
Cortland NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150, bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i still have mine on the factory 1.11, should i/ worth it to download the 1.15?

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not really keen on this 1.15 update. Why is that?
Well, I'm noticing tonight after switching from 1.13 to 1.15 that the audio is different. It's weaker and not as clear. I first noticed this weirdness when trying out the 1.14 beta software. That was one of the reasons why I removed it and went back to 1.13
The hope was that 1.15 would have remedied that little annoyance. It seems not.
I did a factory reset before and after the update. All my settings from 1.13 were re-entered. It's an immediate reduction in volume and clarity for me. Targets don't "hit" hard like before in my test garden. I'm going back to 1.13 I think. The extra "features" just aren't worth it for me. For lack of a better explanation (this is extremely hard to put into words), it doesn't sound like the Legend my ears had gotten used to.

jose159

Jul 15, 2021
SW Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's working great for me ...I'm not going back because I like the extra features

drumfish420

Nov 2, 2023
I'm not saying it cured my machine but it runs MUCH quieter now than before. I'm exclusively hunting for Civil War relics in various types of ground and was having trouble keeping the machine quiet. Yesterday with 1.15 it ran like a top and was able to snag a few bullets with little to no noise, even running it "hot."

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine came with 1.13 but I'm waiting for everyone else to vet out 1.15.

I like the Legend audio, and I also run all my machines a bit hot or "sparky".

RobNC, did you reapply 1.15 at all to try to fix the audio? Thanks

jose159

Jul 15, 2021
SW Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly see no disadvantage to the 1.15. If you don't like the DT or Beast modes just use what you were using with the 1.11. Personally I think the upgrade makes it a better machine.In beast mode I found I can turn the sensitivity up the whole way without any chatter. With DT I have to keep the sensitivity around 20-22 in my soil

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine came with 1.13 but I'm waiting for everyone else to vet out 1.15.

I like the Legend audio, and I also run all my machines a bit hot or "sparky".

RobNC, did you reapply 1.15 at all to try to fix the audio? Thanks
Yes I did. I have no idea if it is just my machine or something else. The volume at maximum in 1.15 sounds like what 3.5-4 on 1.13 would sound like. That is the closest way I can describe what was experienced.
Today after work I fired up the Legend out in the yard with 1.13 and checked my targets. It was noticeably "hotter" due to rain last night but something odd happened. I had been getting some signals everywhere and wanted to figure out what they were. A lot of things in the 30's. I dug a few of these, 2 were zinc pennies, one of which had a hole almost totally through it. So those 30-ish signals for my yard seem to be decaying zincolns.
On another target in I could hear a high tone in with some 30's along with popping and seen flashes on the ID to 45-46. I dug it and down past 6 inches found a nail. Scanned the hole and still getting a signal. Another inch or so deeper popped out a copper lincoln cent(1978). That was a real shock and I didn't expect it. So my settings right now must be effective for unmasking. The Legend is a little dodgy and feels much stronger but after seeing this tonight I'm confident it can find things in iron.
My concerns of heavy soil minerals were also put to rest tonight at least in one part of my yard as the GC registered ZERO bars. I may try a later software update if Nokta ever does another but for right now i'm good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread