Texas Treasure Show

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
This weekend, I had the pleasure of attending the Texas Treasure Show in Bryan. I was finally able to see some great relics, and hear the stories and history behind them.
This was my first show to attend, and I hope it won't be my last. The vendors were great, and willing to help you with any question you had, it didn't matter if you were asking questions about things they didn't sell, they would point you in the right direction, and check later in the day to make sure you found what you were looking for.
The displays were fantastic as well. My family finally saw what makes this hobby so interesting, and my wife, who doesn't like to sweat, now wants a detector. lol.
The silver hunt on Sunday was a blast, I didn't fare as well as others, and found no tokens for the prizes, but it was still great. If you never participate in one of these hunts, at least try to watch. You will be surprised at the ideas others come up with to carry equiptment, and make it easier to access.
Overall, this was the best weekend I have had in years, even tho the local visitors and convention office dropped the ball on their obligations.

Try to find an organized show and hunt close to you, and you well have a blast.

Bill

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....I had a ball too at the Texas Treasure Show....Not sure on how the Convention Center and the local public dropped the ball ??....Not trying to defend anyone....BUT THE WEATHER WAS LOUSY....NOT SPRINKLING ....BUT COMING DOWN IN BUCKETS......It is a 2.5 hour drive one way for me....and I really do Not like to drive in the rain.....I missed out on Saturday because of this.....but decided to dare drive in the rain for the Sunday portion of the show..... I really liked the Seminars........(...The Pic shows some of the Goodies that was found...)...Joe

Attachments

• TEXAS TREASURE SHOW 004.JPG
    TEXAS TREASURE SHOW 004.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 555
OP
OP
B

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I agree that the weather was the pits, but I was told that the convention and visitor people were supposed to advertise on radio and news paper, none was done. I hope there will be another show in the area.

Bill

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...Bill....I guess that you are Not familar withe the Texas State Council of Treasure Clubs....who holds this show every year....every year it is in a different city in the state.....last year it was held in Conroe......and the year before that it was held up toward Gilmer........sorry I do not remember the exact city....this just makes it fair....some of us travel hundred of miles to attend.....some years it would be nice to have it in your backdoor like what he happened to you this year......I have traveled as far as 250 miles one way to attend this show.....You meant the Convention and Visitors Center people dropped the ball....I thought that you stated that the general public was complaining....or the lack of the general public....I only attended Sunday so cannot state about what happened on Saturday.....but Sunday ....I do not think that many of the general public attended mainly due to the terrible weather............Next year it would be nice if the show is in the Houston area......LOL......Joe

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to go as well, but the weather turned me off on it :angry5:!!! I never been and always wanted to go. I am so sick of the rain and of course I know we need it badly, but it is hard to doing anything outside with down pours and lightning!

qkslvr

Oct 27, 2006
The Woodlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD/Garrett AtPro/Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The local media is supposed to advertise the show, too bad that didn't happen. It was a great show,lots of fun, interesting displays, good fellowship, and a great Silver hunt.

I hope the show is in Bryan again, Saturday had a pretty good turnout despite the rain.

We had the Fisher booth and our own store booth, thanks to everyone that visited and supported us and the clubs at the show.

I got lucky during the hunt and got two prize tokens, both were for 2 peso gold coins.

Wayne Morin AKA Qkslvr
MDS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread