Thank God

manoverboard70

Sep 15, 2013
Thank God im not alone lol. I have collected coins about 21 years, Im 29 now. In those 21 years ive Prolly spent twenty dollars on coins. Every year for Christmas I got a mason jar full of pennies that my grandfather saved thru out the year, a tradition my grandmother carries on ten years after he Passed. Ive been buying random rolls of pennies for fourteen years. Im about to have my second child so I can't afford to Buy boxes but I still survey every cash drawer I see open, if I see a roll thats had a rough life, or even one that makes the Hair stand up on my neck, I ask to purchase it. Of course I want naive enough to think no-one else in the world was doing this, but I Just recently found out that many people enjoy it as much as I do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank God im not alone lol. I have collected coins about 21 years, Im 29 now. In those 21 years ive Prolly spent twenty dollars on coins. Every year for Christmas I got a mason jar full of pennies that my grandfather saved thru out the year, a tradition my grandmother carries on ten years after he Passed. Ive been buying random rolls of pennies for fourteen years. Im about to have my second child so I can't afford to Buy boxes but I still survey every cash drawer I see open, if I see a roll thats had a rough life, or even one that makes the Hair stand up on my neck, I ask to purchase it. Of course I want naive enough to think no-one else in the world was doing this, but I Just recently found out that many people enjoy it as much as I do.

Sell the second child, then you'll be able to afford boxes. Welcome to the site.

OP
OP
manoverboard70

manoverboard70

Sep 15, 2013
I've also had an obsession wIth cents pre 1970, I keep all I find, and the same wIth all 1970-1974 from San Francisco.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions