Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to thank you all for posting your recent finds. I'm glad that you all are able to get out and find some nice artifacts. I've been lurking, but hadn't found anything, so I haven't been posting, but I've been enjoying your finds. I found something over the weekend so I thought that I'd post some artifacts that I hadn't shown before.

My father passed away last year, and I've slowly been going through his things, since the volume of what he accumulated over a lifetime and the uncertainty of what to do with his stuff is overwhelming to my mother (and certainly depresses her). Anyways, I found a jar of marbles on a shelf and it had a weird cardboard prescription bottle on top of the marbles. I opened it, and low and behold, a nice point was lying on top of the pill bottle, along with a rock!! I then opened the pill bottle and inside was a 1922 Peace dollar, a 1946 Roosevelt dime, and a 1943D war nickel! Score!!

The point that I found is the one at the top left in the photo below. I'd say that he inherited the marbles, perhaps from his mother and father. I guess arrowheads and silver coins are in my genetics. The broken point below it is the first artifact that I ever found. I also found the 3 pieces on the right. The two in the middle were given to me by my father after his brother passed away. The next photos are of another piece that was my uncle's. All of the artifacts, to the best of my knowledge are from central Kentucky and likely came from the family farm, with the exception of the small broken one at the bottom left.

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions