Thank you Coinstar!

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was turning in about $1000 worth of halves today and the coinstar kicked out a really dirty 1967 that I had missed by searching the rims. Made my day this morning and my 4th 40% this week after a month long skunk streak. Also turned in $9 in clad that I found metal detecting and will buy silver w that. HH!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I did a thread not to long ago about the beauty of coinstar giftcards. They are free of charge and fees and you can get them for multiple of places. Everything from amazon to lowes, to a bucketload of other places. Go to coinstar.com and check it out or check your local coinstars, every coinstar is different at to what giftcards they offer. You never know. One of them might offer paypal which will allow you to go buy more silver off of Ebay?

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a thread not to long ago about the beauty of coinstar giftcards. They are free of charge and fees and you can get them for multiple of places. Everything from amazon to lowes, to a bucketload of other places. Go to coinstar.com and check it out or check your local coinstars, every coinstar is different at to what giftcards they offer. You never know. One of them might offer paypal which will allow you to go buy more silver off of Ebay?

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Other than Paypal (which I haven't seen listed), that would mean that you would have to buy something with those gift cards. Which would mean that you would not have money to buy coins again. Even with Paypal being an option, you still would have to buy something instead of using that money for CRHing. Am I missing something?

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
There are banks that pay a fee to Coinstar to allow their customers to dump fee-free. They are rather rare, but they do exist.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also note that most Coinstar machines don't seem to like silver dimes,I've found over 20 to 30 silver dimes and quarters in the return tray in the last 10 years:)

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres probably a good loophole.. If you could get an eBay one.. use it on one account, open a seller account set a BIN for the price of whatever it is the gift card is, buy it send the money to that paypal, and all you have to pay is $0.33

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you payed to dump?

Absolutely not! My bank, which is at my work, has a coinstar that they allow customers to use for free. I take my coins there on my break and dump them. The bank provides the halves, I hunt them, I dump them, the coinstar guy takes them away - everyones happy. It just becomes an instant deposit. I have used other coinstars when I knew I was going to buy something big on Amazon. The Amazon gift card is as good as cash if you need something (lawnmower). I pick up and dump where I work so no extra driving. I have posted about this situation before. Is it unique? Seems like I lucked out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread