🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brand spankin new to replace my broken one I sent in! 131002_0001.jpg , now I gotta get back out there and do some door knocking, I didn't want to do private properties without a pinpointer!

Upvote 8

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I just bought an AT Pro and was thinking about getting the Garrett probe. Can I ask what went wrong with your old one?
Thanks,
MM

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really love mine. HH!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I expect to see some new posts now, lol. No excuses!

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They will go off (beep) for no reason, other than being broken. When they work, they the best thing since slice bread.

Garrett will take go care of you if any of their stuff breaks.

I bought one over a year ago and it works just fine. I did buy another one last week just because I wanted a back up if something happened (lost or broke) to my old one. I won’t hunt without one.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will go off (beep) for no reason, other than being broken. When they work, they the best thing since slice bread.

Garrett will take go care of you if any of their stuff breaks.

I bought one over a year ago and it works just fine. I did buy another one last week just because I wanted a back up if something happened (lost or broke) to my old one. I won’t hunt without one.

Thanks for that info. :thumbsup:
-MM-

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I just bought an AT Pro and was thinking about getting the Garrett probe. Can I ask what went wrong with your old one?
Thanks,
MM

It wouldn't turn on unless I hit the button a bunch of times and sometimes it would just keep sounding off even in mid air, I must say Garrett definitely took care of me no questions asked

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright now, no more excuses! I'm expecting some great things from you young man!
Let's get to it!

;)

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't turn on unless I hit the button a bunch of times and sometimes it would just keep sounding off even in mid air, I must say Garrett definitely took care of me no questions asked
I'm having the same problem with mine now as well. Might have to send mine in at some point too.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having the same problem with mine now as well. Might have to send mine in at some point too.

Id say send it in, but don't do like me and send it cheaply thru the post office, it took forever for them to get it (a week) they got it on the 24th and I sent iton the 17th. Pennsylvania to texas. they were quick with it once they got it

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Glad to know that I am not the only one who bought a back-up Pro-Pointer, just for the heck of it. Two weeks ago, I decided to order a second one "just in case." I would be lost without my Pro-Pointer now, and can't imagine going out without one. I certainly didn't want to be stuck waiting a week or ten days for a new one to be shipped.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to know that I am not the only one who bought a back-up Pro-Pointer, just for the heck of it. Two weeks ago, I decided to order a second one "just in case." I would be lost without my Pro-Pointer now, and can't imagine going out without one. I certainly didn't want to be stuck waiting a week or ten days for a new one to be shipped.

A couple of weeks ago, I read a post on here of someone (might have been you) buying a back up Pro Pointer. A light bulb went off in my head and now I am $127 poorer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I suppose I could've gone out w/o one, but I got so used to having one, I didn't feel like doing the oldhandful of dirt in front of the coil anymore lol

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some of the best money that I spent is buying a Garrett PP. There are several coins I would not have found w/o it.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got mine a few weeks ago.And i love hearing how good the customer service is.

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine for a month and having same problems. Push the switch and it turns back off. If I hold the switch down for a few seconds it stays on until I turn it off. If it gets too bad I may send it in, but I'm going to try at work with it until winter when the ground is frozen and I can't hunt. 😀

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread