Thank You Tim.....

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For suggesting I check quarters!!!

As most of you know I have been working the dimes over pretty hard lately once I figured out someone turned in a collection....especially the boxes dated 8-27.

After Tim's suggestion of checking quarters (which never occurred to me ???), I did just that. I was dumping two boxes of halves and my young friend teller came to the coin counter to chat a bit. I asked him if they had any boxes of quarters that were dated 8/27. He scurried off to the vault and came back saying they had two with that date. I asked him if I could purchase them which he said I could.

The first box held 10 silver quarters. The 2nd box yielded 38 silver. I was just ecstatic!!! Those babies are way easier than dimes to pick out. While I was midway through the 2nd box I stopped and called a couple other branches....none had that date. I will call the others bright and early Monday morning.

This is the bank that has the free coin counter for anyone to use whether you have an account or not. They do not have to buy coins from the Feds this way. All of the coins go to the main branch where they roll them and then distribute them to all of their branches locally as needed. They claim it saves them money in the long run. Basically this main bank is like a mini Fed for all of it branches.

Again, thanks for the suggestion Tim. It paid off. I know....I owe you...how many of these quarters do you want....ha!

BTW - The two boxes of halves bit me! The very first roll in the first box had a 2002-P.....then nothing until the very last roll of the 2nd box....a 68-D. Oh well......next week.

The quarter totals.........
1-39
1-42
3-43
1-44
1-45-S
1-47
1-50-S
1-51-D
1-53-S
1-54
1-54-D
1-55
2-57
4-58-D
1-59-D
3-60-D
1-61-D
1-62-D
1-63-D
6-64
15-64-D

Attachments

• P8100044.jpg
    P8100044.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

soldierman

May 18, 2006
Buy every box of coin with that date while you can! I'd sure try the nickles. I've searched quarters once a month for 6 months, eyed the tellers trays, and have a mother that has caught a few out of her till at work. I still don't have 1/2 rolls worth. Them puppies are hard to get at face value.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
You're welcome???
Congratulations!!
War nickels now?

I think those quarters have as much silver as a 40% half.
You are cleaning things up nicely!!

Waaaaay to go!

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working smarter, and not harder, I see. ;)

Great finds and I think you should clear out the rest of the 8/27 boxes regardless of type.

HH.

ct358

Feb 3, 2007
help,nickels

i am a newbie, kind of sorta
filling up books am working on nickels right now
what does the speared buffalo on the 2005p look like?
could some one post a pic. was told to look for it but was not told exactly why or what looks like
thanks for help this is a great ,helpful site,am hungry to have certain people luck

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: help,nickels

ct358 said:
i am a newbie, kind of sorta
filling up books am working on nickels right now
what does the speared buffalo on the 2005p look like?
could some one post a pic. was told to look for it but was not told exactly why or what looks like
thanks for help this is a great ,helpful site,am hungry to have certain people luck

I saw a post somewhere on this forum back awhile that either had a link to a picture or the picture itself. Unfortunately I don't have the link handy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions