Thank you to those who showed up this morning

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
I am sorry that I didn't get to spend time chatting and getting to know those members I had not met before. Apologies also for my (somewhat) early departure. I was frustrated and a little cranky due to digging nothing but clad. I didn't realize that this park had apparently been heavily detected and that there were few good targets left.

Since I didn't want to go home after leaving the group shindig, I headed to my "secret spot", where I KNEW I could pull something good. After about an hour, I wasn't disappointed. I found an old timey pocket spill about 4" deep which yielded the following goodies:

2 Barber dimes ('01, '12)
1 V nickel ('07; only my 2nd ever and my 1st this year)
3 wheats ('10, '11, '14)

Clad for the day ended up totaling ~ $4.

Again, it was nice to meet all of you. Hopefully, another member will step up and organize a group hunt again in the spring. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Pics of todays goodies are below. Enjoy!! :)

Attachments

• Picture 522.jpg
    Picture 522.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 191
  • Picture 523.jpg
    Picture 523.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 192
  • Picture 524.jpg
    Picture 524.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Picture 525.jpg
    Picture 525.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 189

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Great, Mr. Ghost Host!

So it was a make up hunt at some other place eh?! A good host would have brought us all along and let us find the goodies...

Gonna get the home stuff out of the way thism orning then it's a week off with coils and batteries, come on out and we'll find some bling!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D

Next time he leaves a Hunt

Follow Him :laughing7:

Nice Finds :thumbsup:
& Rub :coffee2:

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
It was good meeting you Paul (And the rest of the crew)! The old man hit a 64 rosie on his first target there (that was the only silver we snagged from garfield). I was able to pull out a few older wheaties while we were there. We snuck away for an hour with Bob where I was able to pickup a '20 merc (so I didnt leave chi-town skunked'). We came back to garfield and everyone was pretty much gone but etrac_007 and his crew! Sorry we didn't get to really hangout with the others there but we do look forward to our next group hunt as well! We each got our 'silver' for the day and had a blast! Thanks for including us in on the hunt Paul and we look forward to meeting you all again soon!

Take care,
Neil

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hey Paul,
It was good to get people together. We do need more of this. It was a tough park, but I was happy walking away with my 1892 BBQ. Though it was 'hunted out', it was not nearly as hunted out as places I'm left hitting down here in the South Burbs. Next time I suggest we chain you down to a giant concrete slab.
It wasn't till the end of the day that 007, Juan and I felt suspicious that :violent1: was coming our way when a shady guy started casing us, so we :walk:

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The leader of this hunt ditched his team and then brags about the silver from his "secret spot"? :icon_scratch: Sorry, I wasn't there so I'll shut up. Congrats on the loot!

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I't was my first group hunt and keeping my mouth shut :angry5:

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
thanks for having us all there! we did okay there, a few wheats and an 04 indian. and it was nice meeting everyone!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Gimmie The Loot said:
The leader of this hunt ditched his team and then brags about the silver from his "secret spot"? :icon_scratch: Sorry, I wasn't there so I'll shut up. Congrats on the loot!

It's all good, I'm taking him out to the country this week to meet some mean critters called ZINCOLNS.

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all chicago parks are tough . sometimes a little luck sure helps!

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Lowbatts said:
Great, Mr. Ghost Host!

That's Ghost Host Coast to Coast to you...

[youtube=425,350]d85e3jqm5q0[/youtube]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread