🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reached out to forum member Casper for some info on how he researches old sites as my research wasn't working. What he sent me was just enough to get the old marbles rolling around. A little google, a couple early postcard pics, a little vintage map overlays, and voila! An old swimming beach complete with swim dock, bathhouses, dock. Nothing remaining, google maps just shows a stretch of sand and nothing else. Hopefully it has not been hit before, OMG can you imagine? Next week shows a super low tide and I know where I will be. Wish me luck, hopefully I'll have plenty of pictures. Thanks again Casper, Mike

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck! Hope it is untouched by detectors and it is score city! Make sure and follow up and let us know either way.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took a ride over to the site today to do some recon, no good:(. Two guys and a lady already hunting the small area of beach. Talked to one of them for while, seems this site has been hit for a while now. At first I hoped it was only because it was a beach that could be detected by locals but turns out they all know about the history. Well at least I have one thing going for me, it's never been hunted by me:laughing7: Time for wet suit, floating sifter, and my CTX. I'm going way out there. Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread