Thanks Florida!!!

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
DigginGirl and I returned Sunday evening from a vacation in Florida. We had a great time. My favorite part was the state parks (Blue Springs and Silver Springs), but I found the Kennedy Space Center to be awesome. The Daytona Experience was cool, as was the Universal Theme Park. The people treated us very well no matter where we went. The scratch off lottery in your state did me well. I bought a $5.00 ticket on Tuesday of last week, scratched for nothing the rest of the week and still pocketed $45.00. I did some diggin on New Smyrna Beach. I found some clad and trinkets, nothing to show off, but had a ball.

Thanks again, you folks ROCK!!!!

DM & DG

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you had a good time!

You must have gotten some of the "tourist" scratch offs! The "native" ones don't pay so good!

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you were treated well, you just wern't here long enough to see how people really are. Yes the Space center is cool. A lot of my fishin buddies will go south in Mosquito lagoon for the launches... the night ones rock. did ya detect in Blue Springs? Lots of springs around.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you had a great time, it is a tourist mecca. I'm gonna go ahead and say something that some may not agree with; it's a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live here. It's a beautiful state but i've been here too long (28 yrs). I'll be moving out of state in a couple years or so for good, and then maybe, just maybe, when I come to visit i'll appreciate it like I used to.

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggummup....I don't doubt that you would want to get out of south Fl....I used to visit buddies down there about three or four times a year....Davey/Ft Lauderdale....all the way up to West Palm....and I hated the area. Perpetual road construction...so many people, that shopping malls are built right across the road from each other with the SAME STORES in them!!! People that run businesses and don't speak English....I always couldn't wait to get across Alligator Alley, and head north on I-75! I love Florida...just not South Florida! No slight or disrespect meant to the people that live down there....It's just not for me...I love my space, and country living, here in West-Central Fl!

OP
OP
Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
I have no intention of relocating to Florida, guys. I love my Virginia too much. I love West Virginia even more and will probably end up back there. I do hope to visit Florida several more times, though.

DM

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Digginman,

Glad you and DigginGirl had a good vacation. Florida is a nice place to visit, lots of things to do. Space Center is very nice, there are gambling boats that leave from Port Canaveral, Orlando has many theme parks and other tourist attractions and there is always good fishing.

Not everyone is happy where they are. I like it here, but it gets a bit warm in the summer months. For some folks, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.... LOL

Ray S

OP
OP
Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Ray,

Yes it was warm. The days we went to Universal and the Space Center it clouded up and only got to 82 degrees. Those days were nice. The rest of it was so warm and humid, was really uncomfortable. Air conditioning and I don't get along. Had to go to the doctor after I got back for a sinus infection. I'm fine now, but I'm sensitive to AC, I think. I don't keep it that cool in my house.

DM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread