DSCF0039.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,359
Upvote 0

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ! Nice Digs 1320...........My discrimination is a numbered notch system.. I am sure you know the kind I am talking about.. I set the disc to except bottle caps, and then I am waiting for a good repeatable target sound that hits on the same number in three directions........Question for 1320 or Onionrings : # 1.........Is my discrim. set low enough ?
#2.........Should I only except and dig a target that hits the same (LCD) Notch in three directions ? Or except a jump of one notch in the three directions ,and go ahead and dig those bottlecaps / Pulltabs ?
# 3 What sort of sounds should I expect to hear when Gold/jewelry hunting ?
#4...........What will a ring like these come up as on the (LCD) screen.....Low / nickle ?
Sorry bout all the questions........I am trying to do the same......but having no luck finding my first GOLD Ring....

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent rings!

Love those old stlye settings,

HH

lonewolfe

F

Floater

McNickle said:
CONGRATS ! Nice Digs 1320...........My discrimination is a numbered notch system.. I am sure you know the kind I am talking about.. I set the disc to except bottle caps, and then I am waiting for a good repeatable target sound that hits on the same number in three directions........Question for 1320 or Onionrings : # 1.........Is my discrim. set low enough ?
#2.........Should I only except and dig a target that hits the same (LCD) Notch in three directions ? Or except a jump of one notch in the three directions ,and go ahead and dig those bottlecaps / Pulltabs ?
# 3 What sort of sounds should I expect to hear when Gold/jewelry hunting ?
#4...........What will a ring like these come up as on the (LCD) screen.....Low / nickle ?
Sorry bout all the questions........I am trying to do the same......but having no luck finding my first GOLD Ring....
My ring find was with no disc in a quite area of the beach. I dig it all and hope to really slow down. I recognize the tones but i stilll dig up the foil and I am right on about what im digging now about 85-90% of the time. Once in a while a signal will fool me and it is either coupled with trash or it is all trash. Multiple signals are really wierd too, but usauly are good hits. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread