Thanks to all

Burldrives

Sep 26, 2011
St Petersburg Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks to all of you for your post I have learned so much . I moved to Fl a few years ago from NJ . Got out my old whites 5000 after 20 year layoff from MD only to find my knees are so bad I cannot cut plugs land detecting . So its off to the beach with a long handled scoop . Your post and videos have made my transition easy especially those great videos buy gravediggermax. I recently bought a used Garrett sea hunter XL500 my first pi . I love the wet sand but my area seams to have been picked pretty clean . the next will be a sand shark with a 10 inch coil . After going 2 blocks without a signal in wet sand . Thanks again to all

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Burldrives... :hello:

I understand the bad knees and hunting the dirt. Once in the water the pain on the knees is less and you can have fun again. You just need to get out as often as you can.

Good Luck,
Sandman

captaindoug

May 1, 2011
Owning and using sand sharks. I have one with the eight inch coil as well as a 10.5. I don't really see much difference in the detecting other than I do believe the eight inch is better at pinpointing your target. Even so I sometimes wish I had a chest mounted back hoe. good luck

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on a little mini vacation in St. Pete this morning and hit the beach. I can tell you one thing, it has not been hunted near as heavily as say Clearwater Beach. It is not uncommon to see 6 or 8 hunters in the water there. In St. Pete this morning I only saw one other fellow in the water in a prime location(may have been you I suppose). Also, judging from the amount of targets, it is not heavily hunted. I'm not just talking bobby pins, but lots of aluminum that mimick gold exactly. I only managed one small earing with some diamonds, but I can tell you there is definitely potential. Keep searching and welcome to the forum :hello:

Aaron

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have never used a Sand Shark, but have heard they are real good! That will be much better than the Garrett. I have used several and they are not made for finding jewelry at all. I have used the xl 500 and the xl 200 and neither would beep at all on gold jewelry or stainless steel. They dont seem to have much depth on coins also. They just dont seem to hit on alloys, since they probably have too slow of a pulse rate. Good luck with the Sand Shark!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
After going 2 blocks without a signal in wet sand

Thats Not uncommon when the beach is sanded in.......Good Luck on your new adventure.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread