Thanks to my yard, 2 wk silver slump over!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I got home from work and decided heck with this, enoughs enough, I haven't TOUCHED my atpro in 5 days!:BangHead: and even worse, haven't dug silver since the 2nd:BangHead::BangHead: I ripped out a garden in my yard last weekend as part of my honey do list and decided id play around there a little bit, not expecting to find much but im glad I picked that spot for a short 30 minutes, pulled some junk of course, a nickel, a 1940 something wheat and this neat silver pin/broach thingy, I don't know what it is, some sort of jewelry marked 925 on the back, that makes silver #39 on the year! now I gotta just get myself through tonights 12 hr shift and its getting ready for some beach hunting Monday thru Friday next week, ill be able to update my finds daily, free wifi in the condo!!, thanks for looking and hh!! SAM_1291.JPG SAM_1293.JPG SAM_1294.JPG SAM_1296.JPG

Upvote 14

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drove an hour from me the other day to a possible spot. Knocked on the door, the elderly lady said go ahead, but she was leaving in a few minutes. I was surprised when she said I could stay while she was gone. This was perfect, I thought. Wrong! I could not ground balance at all. The machine was chattering constantly. Was hard to pinpoint. After Whadifind and I discussed it, he thinks it was electrical interference. The house was 150 years old and originally belonged to her grandfather. I later found out it is rumored that this house was the site of an old whiskey making operation, lol. I am sure there are old silvers hiding there, lol.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how this hobby gives you a find when you're losing hope. Nice piece bud

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how this hobby gives you a find when you're losing hope. Nice piece bud
Thanks ahab, I wasn't losing any hope, just have been super busy the past 2 weeks w hardly any time to get out.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove an hour from me the other day to a possible spot. Knocked on the door, the elderly lady said go ahead, but she was leaving in a few minutes. I was surprised when she said I could stay while she was gone. This was perfect, I thought. Wrong! I could not ground balance at all. The machine was chattering constantly. Was hard to pinpoint. After Whadifind and I discussed it, he thinks it was electrical interference. The house was 150 years old and originally belonged to her grandfather. I later found out it is rumored that this house was the site of an old whiskey making operation, lol. I am sure there are old silvers hiding there, lol.
We should definitely try that out when I get back if you want I can bring my ace 350 too to see if maybe 3 different detectors can weed out any interference. Did u try changing frequency at all?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT's what I could do! If I just buried a few silver coins in my yard, then every time I don't find one on my hunts. I can come home and dig one up in my yard! Yeah! Drought's over!!

WTG!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I changed frequencies. I changed batteries. I did the reset twice. There was an old transformer on a pole in the middle of the yard. There were 2 old capped wells with pump wiring under ground. There was a satellite cable underground. There was at least one old barn that had been torn down and I suspect iron was everywhere around it.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds about right then

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT's what I could do! If I just buried a few silver coins in my yard, then every time I don't find one on my hunts. I can come home and dig one up in my yard! Yeah! Drought's over!!

WTG!

Hey wait a minute here, I didn't bury this

Thems a fightin' words??? Lol jk

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you ever get up here, your technique will get you those silvers we missed, lol.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever get up here, your technique will get you those silvers we missed, lol.

It's strange. I get silver ok. Been finding it pretty regular. Just seems like the coins have stopped. :dontknow:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I changed frequencies. I changed batteries. I did the reset twice. There was an old transformer on a pole in the middle of the yard. There were 2 old capped wells with pump wiring under ground. There was a satellite cable underground. There was at least one old barn that had been torn down and I suspect iron was everywhere around it.

I still think you should try de-tuning the sensitivity and see if that helps.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still think you should try de-tuning the sensitivity and see if that helps.
I'm always afraid to mess with my sensitivity I'm afraid of losing depth

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always afraid to mess with my sensitivity I'm afraid of losing depth

If the machine is chattering like a machine gun, you ARE losing depth already. So, getting the machine a little more stable just might let you hear that nice gold doubloon that you would otherwise miss. I have found an indian head cent at over 8 inches already, with the sensitivity at only 3 marks. That machine is much more awesome than you're giving it credit. Try it the next time you're out, even with no interference. Just map out a small patch and work it with the sensitivity turned down. See how deep it can be. :)

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the machine is chattering like a machine gun, you ARE losing depth already. So, getting the machine a little more stable just might let you hear that nice gold doubloon that you would otherwise miss. I have found an indian head cent at over 8 inches already, with the sensitivity at only 3 marks. That machine is much more awesome than you're giving it credit. Try it the next time you're out, even with no interference. Just map out a small patch and work it with the sensitivity turned down. See how deep it can be. :)
I'm gonna try that next time I'm out:thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your soil looks really sandy in the first pics. Do things show to be more shallow than they really are?

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your soil looks really sandy in the first pics. Do things show to be more shallow than they really are?
Thats a super zoomed in pic, the garden area seems sandy, the restof the yard is loose, I pop a plug and it just crumbles, thank god its my yard and not a permission

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread