thanks to the rains

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Well I finally got back to my super producing field after the hard rains we had here over the last few days and as usual I was not disappointed. the first piece I found was the big Morrow Mountain with the end broken off. several good points and scrapers, one with a bullseye on it. Some more broken knives and a beautiful little turtle back scraper/knife. Can anyone identify the triangular shaped point? The end is very sharp and the edges are nicely serrated. the base is ground to a chisel like end and although the picture doesn't show it it is hafted on one side. Could the third from the last picture be a spokeshave? It doesn't have the look of a reworked point. It has a natural curve to it. Oh and the fossilized snails were just a bonus.

015.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG 028.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 024.JPG 007.JPG 016.JPG 017.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 022.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 040.JPG 030.JPG 031.JPG 037.JPG 041.JPG

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
mighty fine pickins' for one days hunting. Bravo!

Thanks for the comments. I was actually only out there for 2 hours. I went after work. got there at 5:15pm and left the field at 7:15pm. Good weather and great hunt!!

Chadman

Feb 9, 2013
Fantastic! Do you think those things are plentiful in northern Indiana? I am considering a hunt through some local corn fields. Any advice would be appreciated.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang what a hunt you had! Those are amazing points and that morrow mountain is a real heart breaker. 2 hours you should go back and spend some more time out there.

dlos

Jul 12, 2011
Is that large triangle a Dalton? I'm not familiar with KY types.... Great hunt! Would take me days to pull that many!

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fantastic! Do you think those things are plentiful in northern Indiana? I am considering a hunt through some local corn fields. Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't know about plentiful but I know there are artifacts found in Indiana. Maybe someone on here that lives close to your area can help you out with that. You will find a wealth of knowledge of all things that are indian artifacts on this site. The best way I have found to hunt fields is to walk them after they have been worked and a good rain has settled the dirt. That's the best time to find good things. Look for washed out places, walk slow and scan the area well. Welcome to TNet. Hope to see some of your finds posted on here. Good luck and happy hunting...

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you are the huntress...... well found!! And there are NO artifacts in Indiana? Ok? Stop hanging out in Kentucky.

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a guess but that could be a Harpeth River. DEF a good 2 hrs of huntin!!! CONGRATS.... HH

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a very productive outing with some really nice finds. :icon_thumleft:! Like the fossils too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread