Thanksgiving Hunt - How Many Boxes This Week For You?

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Gang,

Even though it's Thanksgiving this week, I can't bring myself to tell my usual Bank contacts to NOT order by boxes for this week, but that means I'm going to have to work extra hard to turn and burn them Mon-Wed and then again on Friday. I'll still be picking up 28 boxes this week, starting with 4 tomorrow.

How about the rest of you during this holiday week? Less? More? About the same?

Just curious...and Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

LDJ

Upvote 0

Axecutioner

Nov 16, 2011
SLO, CA / LV, NV
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I could do higher volumes like that. :( I'm limited to a bike as transportation, and a $275 budget at one time. I'm going to have to put $250 into a savings account to be able to order more boxes from now on and I have no idea what to do. No car, no money, no luck. :'(

OP
OP
B

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Ax,

Don't sweat it...sooner or later you'll be able to build up or save up enough money to start ordering and "recycling" boxes. In the meantime, you just gotta do what you can. For a long time I was only able to do one box at a time, but then I ended up selling a bunch of stuff around my house that I don't need or didn't use anymore, and that provided the extra money to increase the number of boxes I can order at one time.

And in the meantime, don't forget to keep your eyes and options open. ALWAYS ask at every bank, gas station, and customer service counter if they have any halves (or whatever you like to hunt for). I guarantee that you will find stuff worth keeping along the way.

The joy is not just in the score, but in the hunt...and in the plan...and in the effort to find new ways to improve your efficiencies (and thereby your odds) of finding more good stuff!

All the best to you. Happy Thanksgiving my friend :wink:

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
More boxes for me since I will be heading back to my normal order bank, should manage to get through about $1K in halves and a few boxes of nickels/pennies/dimes when it is all said and done :icon_thumright:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i keep my volume and orders as high as possible unless I will be out of town the entire week, then I will tell them to take a week off, otherwise if I know I will be a day or 2 late for a work trip or the like I just let them know ahead of time and they are cool with it.

Keep up the volume, my buddy in the twin cities (I grew up in MN as well) just pulled a 70 coin box a week ago, 3 double ender rolls + some single enders.

HH,
Bigheed

Axecutioner

Nov 16, 2011
SLO, CA / LV, NV
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy Thanksgiving! :thumbsup:

And I've been a coin collector for most of my life, always looking through change for anything worth keeping. CRH'ing is my way of staying busy while doing what I love to. Sure, the hunt is fun but so is finding the loot. :laughing9:

Looks like I'll be adding to my wheat collection for a while.

OP
OP
B

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigheed said:
i keep my volume and orders as high as possible unless I will be out of town the entire week, then I will tell them to take a week off, otherwise if I know I will be a day or 2 late for a work trip or the like I just let them know ahead of time and they are cool with it.

Keep up the volume, my buddy in the twin cities (I grew up in MN as well) just pulled a 70 coin box a week ago, 3 double ender rolls + some single enders.

HH,
Bigheed

Wow...a 70-coin box?! That's sweet :) My best box here in Twinkie town was in July when one box (which actually looked quite new, if you know what I mean) was packing 106 beauties! Haven't seen anything close to it since :(

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same amount of boxes for me this week, I just have to pickup my Thusday boxes on Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Nick

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I'll be down 4-8 boxes from my *norm* this week, won't know exactly how many until Friday though.

Stocking up for Wednesday and Thrusday though... Should have 14-20 boxes of halves and 4 boxes of dimes to keep me busy...

OP
OP
B

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
db23 said:
I'll be down 4-8 boxes from my *norm* this week, won't know exactly how many until Friday though.

Stocking up for Wednesday and Thrusday though... Should have 14-20 boxes of halves and 4 boxes of dimes to keep me busy...

Nice 'holiday stack' to go through. Good luck...

cunextuesday

Nov 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did 2 last week. Down to 1 this week. Busy week but hopefully I'll triple up for December.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread