That First BIG BEACH Hunt

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was sitting here recalling my first "big beach" hunt and it made me laugh. Many years ago I got all pumped up and I drove 1100 miles south to hunt some of that classic Florida beach. After all, at the time it seemed that was the place to be if you really wanted to find the good stuff. Anyway, I remember stepping foot on the beach and looking north, "nothing but miles and miles of beach," then I looked south, "nothing but miles and miles of beach". Then I looked down at my 8" coil and at that moment I remember saying to myself, "Man, you're going to need a whole lot longer then a week!" :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Funny,...LOL

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is about how I got the nickname, Sandman. A friend said it was from all the sand I was turning over with nothing to show for it. Dumkoff.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
My beaches are much smaller than those in Florida, which probably has as much beach as 10 other east coast states. However, when I go to the beach I try to find an areas where targets are likely because of a beach access point or some other reason, and grid that area pretty tight. Even after that, while on my way back to the car, I have happened to cross over an area that I had worked hard and still get a target or two. Then I think to myself, "What about the areas that I didn't hunt, because the finds were not as numerous??? Gold could just as easily be in those areas..." I have finally figured out that no one will ever find it all, and people keep replenishing the beach. Just go and have fun, get some exercise and enjoy the sights, sounds and solitude of the beach. What a great hobby. HH Ralph

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEHEHHEHEHE :laughing9: Those are Florida Beaches!

CB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread