That "Little Voice" Pays Off Again, 5 Ring Hunt!! HUGE 10K!!.. Plus Other Stuff....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That "Little Voice" Pays Off Again, 5 Ring Hunt!! HUGE 10K!!.. Plus Other Stuff....

I hate to tell another long winded tale but there's a relevant story here.

It started when I went hunting after work yesterday and I just had "that feeling" that something really good would soon show up. I Just KNEW it and I was really in that Zen like "zone".

Unfortunately, the clouds rolled in from the South and it POURED for about an hour. The hunt was off.

That "little voice" kept telling me to go back all day today. I knew I HAD to obey. As soon as I left work, off I went and picked up exactly where I left off. I immediately dug a junk ring and then another plastic kids ring stuck inside a bottle cap. What are the odds?? I dug some more trash and then it happened.

I got a solid 57 and about 6-7 inches down in very wet soil, out popped this monster:

5 Ring Hunt Huge 10K July 7 2015 002.JPG 5 Ring Hunt Huge 10K July 7 2015 004.JPG

(quarter is for size reference and I haven't cleaned it yet)

I thought it was fake at first.

It's a HUGE, heavy 10K and has some kind of red stone in it. It's so big it's too big for my THUMB. I'm not a large man but whoever lost this was. Then again, maybe not and that's why it slipped off.

Don't ask me how but I just knew tonight's hunt was gonna' be good. That intuition never lies.

The ground is really soaked from the incredible amount of rain we've had for the last 5 weeks and targets are practically jumping under the coil. It's amazing.

So after I calmed down a bit I dug a little more clad and two more junk rings for a total of 5 rings. That's a record for me. Puts my ring count up to 33. I also dug a junk rose pin of some kind that fell apart when I brushed off the dirt.

5 Ring Hunt Huge 10K July 7 2015 001.JPG

Then I dug even more clad, a small button and an old 9 mm shell. I also dug some strange iron artifacts not pictured. I'll clean them up tomorrow and see if I can figure them out. They lead me to believe I may be onto an older spot because I've dug a couple of old coins nearby in the past.

5 Ring Hunt Huge 10K July 7 2015 003.JPG

The oldest coin is another 1965 quarter. Still haven't hit a single silver coin yet this year but I'm certainly not complaining in the middle of this ring wave I've been in. I've snagged 7 rings in 5 days, 2 silver, 1 gold. I guess the metal detecting Gods are likin' me at the moment for some reason or another. Whatever is goin' on, I'm grateful.

The entire hunt lasted from about 6:45 until 9:00 PM. Gotta' love these long days. It was beautiful out there tonight.

Thanks for lookin' & Happy Hunting.......

Last edited:
Upvote 21

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds man especially that ring is kick ass.... Don't ever admit ur not a large man lol....playin

Oh I'm not a "small" man. My girlfriends will back me on that.

But Seriously, I'm only about 5' 8" and weigh about 165. So, the ring is WAY too big for me but that's fine. It's just that much more gold in my pocket.

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man that's a big one congrats...

Definitely the biggest one I've hit yet. I'm still in a bit of mild shock on that one.

I swear though, my inner voice just kept telling me to go back to that spot. When that happens I'll go out of my way to follow that intuition. In detecting, I consider intuition my very best friend and it has paid off time and time again. I got my oldest coin the exact same way. I looked at a spot, got the hit, backed up and parked the car and then dug the coin. It's like it was calling out to me.

I have no idea how it works but I know for a FACT that it does. I just wish I could call it up at will. It's always completely spontaneous.

I used to call it "psychic hits". It's really no different. All humans are psychic to one degree or another. Unfortunately, most are never told.

Whatever you call it, a hunch, intuition, inspiration or whatever; it's an awesome and amazing thing. Can't wait for the next time it shows up.

I know some people call this sort of thing "crazy" or "woo woo" but I don't care one bit.
I know it's real.

Last edited:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET GOLD!
Congrats!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the fantastic finds! That ring dwarfs the others in size!

I hope that voice speaks to you again real soon! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonderful ring! :occasion16::wav::occasion16: You're on a good roll!

That snooty jeweler could be wrong about the stone, so take it to a friendlier jeweler for another opinion. My son and I have had good experience with several friendly jewelers, but I did encounter one jeweler whose snout was so high in the air he probably couldn't tell a ruby from a jelly bean, lol. He seemed offended that anyone with a grubby detecting habit even entered his precious store, lol. Or he resented having to stay inside waiting for customers while others bop around on beaches & such digging surprises! Have fun! :icon_thumright: Andi

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a second opinion. I know a pawnbroker who is at least honest, even though he never offers anywhere near what an item is worth. It's not for sale right now anyway.

And I don't worry at all about what people like that jeweler think. While they're busy looking down on others I'm out being happy, having fun and diggin' treasure. I'd much rather be me than that guy any day.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread