That Point When Finding Silver Leaves You Jaded...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Literally. Went to some schools that I have hit before for some "clean up" detecting. A small, older school with a fenced play yard and a walking track gave up the goods. I concentrated on the six-foot-wide grass strip between the walking track and the chain link fence. I had a solid 81 VDI on the ATPro (clad dime or copper Lincoln) signal and dug down 4" to find this old (?) hand made, sterling ring with the jade (?) stone. The old Jade ring is not marked but tested for silver.

About three minutes later and 40' down the strip I got a solid 71 VDI and pulled out a really pretty , but plated, sapphire birthstone ring from about 2" down. Also found another nicer "Alumi-ring" at another school, as well as a nice CZ three stone earring and a solitaire CZ earring part.

Finished up with $5.00 in clad for charity, a small, metal MG (?) car, maybe a Midgetoy, and a small brass pulley with a chord still attached. Unknown if the pulley is part of an Erector Set or window coverings, any help would be greatly appreciated! Going out to day for another school that I have not yet hit, wish me luck! Happy Hunting to all! These are rings #4,5, and 6 for the month of March. Sub 8-)

jadesterling1.JPG jadesterling2.JPG jadesterling3.JPG
The old, sterling and jade ring...

jadesterling4.JPG jadesterling5.JPG
The silver plated, sapphire birthstone ring...

jadesterling6.JPG
The ever-present "alumi-ring," which I believe Johnny Ringseed plants in school yards in hopes of growing ring trees...

jadesterling7.JPG jadesterling8.JPG
CZ ear candy, brass pulley, and metal toy car...

Cheers! Sub 8-)

Upvote 18

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Sub. Very nice digs. That jade ring is sweet and it appears to be an oldie. I have done very well digging the strips near curbs and common areas as you described. Good job, Good Luck, and thanks for posting your finds. C9

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ever-present "alumi-ring," which I believe Johnny Ringseed plants in school yards in hopes of growing ring trees...

Oh man... That had me laughing harder than I should have. Dumb Johnny LOVES planting those in beach sand too. What is he thinking?

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That first ring is just beautiful. All of those pictures are so nice, too.

Good on ya with the nod to charity...

gearjammer

Mar 14, 2015
northern Caifornia
Detector(s) used
Etrac and Ace 350 and a Gold Bug now.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, wana go but pouring here in Cali for the last few days[emoji107]๐Ÿผ

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You gotta be :censored: kidding me. Do you ever get skunked? You must be living right Sub, congrats. :notworthy:

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta be :censored: kidding me. Do you ever get skunked? You must be living right Sub, congrats. :notworthy:

Oh yes, Dear Sir, I do get skunked. I hide my face from TNet, lick my wounds, swear a solemn oath to never go "blingless" again! I brood and seeth with envy and silently troll TNet, drooling over the finds of my fellow man...which only helps inspire me to get out and dig, dig, DIG! :laughing7:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The jade ring is really nice Sub! Well done my man.

I thought that you subject line was indicative of YOU having become jaded with silver finds. I just couldn't imagine what had happened to you. You got me on that one. Occasional someone will make a comment that they don't like silver Rosies or Mercs, because they have found so many. This is my third year, and I have not lost the excitement of that shiny disc in the hole... glad that you haven't lost it either.

Best of luck to you brother!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread