That Sound.....

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
When I went to get my first bag the other day they had to take the bag off of the counter and run it threw the machine again and as they were dumping it into the collection tray I thought I was going to wet myself because I could hear that beautiful sound multiple times.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends how far you let them fall and clank. I can , and then sometimes I just imagine the sound lol....

Most of the time i try to slide them out smoothly so i can do the rim search quickly. I usually slide out 5 or 10 rolls at a time, rim search and chuck into my vault bags.

Bigheed

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I peel back the sides, open the coins as if you're edge checking and then remove the wrapper in my left hand- then I check each date individually. I tell ya, some of those 40% silver clads look like a normal CuNi coin, my last group of 3 boxes of halves really tested me on edge checking(experiment, since it has a lot of silver in it) and I missed about 50% on first glance, and then... some of those 40% silvers looked like a 90% by the nice white edge. HH!

tgcougar

Jun 8, 2011
Love that sound! When I did my first box a few weeks ago, I heard that sound after 20+ years of not dinking around with coins - brought back many memories!

CRH is like golf for me - I love 'em both but if I had to do one for my livelihood (or as a business), the joy would vanish like the Oreo stuffing with my 5 year old...

azrollhunter

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2011
BuffaloBoy said:
I peel back the sides, open the coins as if you're edge checking and then remove the wrapper in my left hand- then I check each date individually. I tell ya, some of those 40% silver clads look like a normal CuNi coin, my last group of 3 boxes of halves really tested me on edge checking(experiment, since it has a lot of silver in it) and I missed about 50% on first glance, and then... some of those 40% silvers looked like a 90% by the nice white edge. HH!

dang, just did my first 2 boxes and i only rim searched to speed up the process

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Can i hear that sound or what! when my bank takes the full bag off the counter, just when they sit it on the ground, i can tell if the bag has silver in it or not (for the most part)...only about 3 times has it had silver since its a massive bag of CRH'ers dumps...also, if im at the coin machine, and someone receives change back, i can tell if silver has been given out...its a very sad addiction. hell, if someones pouring a coin jar in the coin machine, i will on very rare occasion hear the sound of it whirling around in the hopper of the counter...once i saw (heard) a lady drop a silver dime in front of the coinstar, then she picked it up and kept putting it back in, and it kept spitting it back out...but i was in line and couldnt get to her to buy it from her :( and i get whiplash when i hear the sound of silver,so it almost seems not worth it considering the medical bills and all :laughing9: Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I must be tone deaf, because i hear a different sound every once in a while the makes me stop and look, but no silver. To me it is the same sound as a coin purse full of silver coins. One of my bank tellers who pulls silver for me was talking about hearing the difference yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread