Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"That's an odd looking quarter!"

Stopped for a coffee yesterday on the way to the car wash. Got the change back and off to the car wash. Once there, I was looking for some quarters, and I noticed that one of the quarters I got back in change for my coffee looked odd.

I looked a bit more closely... and what did my eyes see??? A Susan B. Anthony dollar! The register girl obviously didn't notice it, or just had no clue! I have heard of people having this happen to them in the past back when the Susan's first came out, but it's never happened to me until today.

So.... in my books... I made a cool $0.75 without even trying! Can't beat it!

**** IMAGE REMOVED DUE TO REQUEST OF BOARD ****

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't beleave people some times they can't count and ikes forget it!!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The coin in your picture is a proof, post a pic of yours, or find a circulation strike stock image to not confuse people.

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it a 1980? If so that is better than a 1979.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
The coin in your picture is a proof, post a pic of yours, or find a circulation strike stock image to not confuse people.

LOL! I was really impressed when I saw the picture of a proof and then disappointed when I read the text to see that wasn't the actual coin. I guess this illustrates why a lot of folks used to refer to the SBA as the "Carter quarter".

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Who cares, if you have seen one SBA you have seen them all, Proof, Error, Circulation Strike, Large date, Small Date, Far date, Near Date, No Date and so on......:laughing7:
They are all worth $1.00 unless you go to get coffee, then they are worth $.25....

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I only said that since the OP wanted to post a pic of an SBA, as if we didn't know what it looks like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Groovedymond

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only said that since the OP wanted to post a pic of ans SBA, as if we didn't know what it looks like.

I apologize for any confusion. I have removed the picture to prevent any further discussion.

I was not implying, by any means, that this group of people didn't know what one looked like. I was simply adding the picture to make it a more colorful post. I tend to like posts with pictures.

I apologize for the confusion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread