The #1 best over packing item ever from ebay.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I ordered 2 strips for my record cleaning machine and they came today. I saw the box and thought I was buzzed and also ordered some LP's also and forgot. Nope just the two strips. Box is 12.5"x12.5"x4" with two heavy cardboard inserts. I have never seen over packing like this. These could have been sent in a bubble envelope, but that's ok, I got them all safe and sound.

Attachments

• 20140115_231903.jpeg
    20140115_231903.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 20140115_231920.jpeg
    20140115_231920.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 124
  • 20140115_231941.jpeg
    20140115_231941.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 121

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!
YES!
Yes!
That's how i ship stuff...helps with the feedback ya know...
Better safe then sorry/ ebay resolution/negative feedback kinda' thing.I'am glad you received your item in good order!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually have that one beat, and by quite a bit. The item took up maybe 1/5 of of the space of yours, it was in a much larger box, and came from Europe!

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Yes!
YES!
Yes!
That's how i ship stuff...helps with the feedback ya know...
Better safe then sorry/ ebay resolution/negative feedback kinda' thing.I'am glad you received your item in good order!!
Yea, I hear ya. I also pack Items I sell very well but this blew me away. I could literally fit 500 of these same plastic tubes with the strips plus packing material in this box. Its all cool. Positive feedback is a coming.

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
I actually have that one beat, and by quite a bit. The item took up maybe 1/5 of of the space of yours, it was in a much larger box, and came from Europe!
Wow, I though this was over packed. You must have gotten something the size of a quarter shipped in a bigger box.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I though this was over packed. You must have gotten something the size of a quarter shipped in a bigger box.

It was maybe 6 or 7 small buttons and the box was easily big enough to pack my explorer, and pack it well!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a coin from Canada many years ago. When it arrived, it was a plain white envelope with the coin just floating around inside. I was amazed that it arrived completely undamaged!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the way goodwill does it. I bought a pair of 14k cuff links off there and they shipped them in a large flat rate box. 18 in shipping for something that would have fit in a matchbox lol.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat and worked. It could have been filled with Peanuts.... 'Hate those little buggers...

I had to laugh out loud when I opened an Ebay shipment. My father was restoring his father's old 1920's Ottawa 3-1/2HP Hit and Miss engine before he passed away. I got it and gather parts when I see them. I won an auction for an original round heavy cast iron clamshell muffler with a 1-1/4" threaded pipe stub. The fellow had taken 2-liter plastic soda bottles with their lids loosened and collapsed them about half way with the weight of this hunk of metal, then tighten the lids. He used four and some strapping tape and enclosed the whole muffler and pipe. Air Suspension inside a tough thick cardboard shipping carton!! It rode so well the cast iron's outer layer of soft dusty rust was still intact on its surface...

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a coin from Canada many years ago. When it arrived, it was a plain white envelope with the coin just floating around inside. I was amazed that it arrived completely undamaged!

HMMMMMMM coin? Canada? did you do the Iron Patch? ;)

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I got a ring like that before and part of it had poked/was sticking out of a small hole in the envelope. I was pleasantly surprised it was undamaged. I will not be purchasing from that seller again, though. :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMMMMMMM coin? Canada? did you do the Iron Patch? ;)

No, but I will come clean that I have done it before. Back when I started detecting I found a pretty good button which I sold. At the time it was a good chuck of change to me, and even though it was a brass button, it was bent, pitted, and flaking, and being new to all this I had no idea how strong the thing was. In my mind since I was insuring it for loss, the only thing that could go wrong is if it broke.... so there was just no way in hell I was going to take any chance of that happening so I packed it in a way that only this thread could appreciate. :laughing7: Obviously looking back now I laugh at a button being triple boxed, and the last box big enough that it probably could have held 10,000 of them or more, but what can you do. :)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as I don't have to pay the extra shipping costs for the large box, I'm good. I once bought a rubber seal on E-bay and the seller had free shipping. I figured it would come in the small "if it fits it ships" box from the USPS. Nope, it came UPS in a recycled case of oil size box! The shipping alone was twice what I paid for the seal! That guy is going to go broke if he keeps that up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread