coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
#1 always covet thy teller's tray.

#2 don't dump where you pick up.

#3 never talk about CRHing.

#4 sniping coins is always considered de rigueur.

#5 always add at least 30% to your totals before posting your finds.

#6 carpe diem is Latin for Seize The Coins.

#7 did I mention #3 ?

#8 no pictures means it never happened.

#9 drive thru windows produce less than going inside.(very true)

#10 there is always room for BBQ.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
#5 always add at least 30% to your totals before posting your finds.
and for some people, add 99% more to your totals before posting your finds. :wink:

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
As for #3, my lead teller knows what I am doing and she is completely cool with it. The branch manager thinks it's cool too...

I use a bit of "strategery" when I go to a new bank. I hit up a banker or branch manager first. He/she then checks the vault, then checks the trays. I had a bank manager from a local chain come into the store I work at yesterday. I gently said that I was a coin collector and what I was looking for. He passed me his card and said "call me on Tuesday".

TGB

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
Number 9 is so true.

Also, if you have kids, thou must bring them in to the bank to help sweet talk the oldest and grizzled of silver sniping tellers. I had one give my daughter two 64's from her "personal" stash.

HH

Agent

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
AgentX said:
Number 9 is so true.

Also, if you have kids, thou must bring them in to the bank to help sweet talk the oldest and grizzled of silver sniping tellers. I had one give my daughter two 64's from her "personal" stash.

HH

Agent

I like your thinking!!!

I'm surprised they don't slap the "window closed" sign on the counter then they see me coming.... :)

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i disagree number 3 should be number 1

isnt the first rule about fight club never talk about fight club
so wouldnt the first rule about crhing be dont talk about crhing?

just what i think.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the first rule of coin club is, there is no coin club. second rule of coin club is, there is no coin club.....

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
personally i add 5 to 3 & 8

Only here do i talk as i learned a few things from those willing to share and dont mind teaching what i learned.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tallguybry said:
AgentX said:
Number 9 is so true.

I like your thinking!!!

I'm surprised they don't slap the "window closed" sign on the counter then they see me coming.... :)
LOL sooo true.

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In general, I agree with rule #3, but there are exceptions.

Since I opened a store and have no time to do boxes regularly, I have taught 3 of my friends how to search half dollar boxes, telling them all the rules, giving them all the secrets and most of the system/routine I was working when I was doing $5k a week. Under 1 condition only: they sell all their finds to me; at a price that allows me to generate profit but is good for them as well.

I still search boxes now and then when I get a chance but not nearly as much as I did last year.

Percentage wise I might not be making as much profit as they do, but I still make SOME profit without having to carry boxes, search through them, and dump. And the volume is nice too, since I have 3 guys searching boxes at the same time. I'm happy and they're happy so it's a win-win situation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread