The Ace sniper coil...Will you find more coins??

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I just ordered one for my husband's Ace. I figured the small Ace coil would be worth the $63 bucks I spent on it since so many areas are trashy.

Fishstank

Sep 18, 2007
3rd Gen. Arizona Native
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
It will be my reward to myself for all of the coins I have found. From what I hear it's great to have except it takes forever to search an area with it, being so small.

Fishstank

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Larsmed said:
Hi to my fellow hunters

I am trying to decide if it will be worth the $70 dollars to buy a sniper coil for my ace....Do you think I will find more coins than before??

I have heard it can find smaller objects..What do you think?

Larry

Larsmed,
perhaps.

Right equipment + knowledge of that equipment = :D :wink:

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
I'd say it's well worth it if you hunt in trashy areas. It will help pick out one item at a time as your coil is not over several objects at once, especially iron. For areas that don't have a lot of trash close together, the standard coil works best and will get more depth. The small coil is also handy for those tight spaces and you can get a little closer to metal poles and other metal objects without the detector picking them up as quickly. As the other person said, it can take for ever to cover a larger piece of ground with it. For the price, you can't hardly go wrong. The only thing that kept me from buying one was that I planned to upgrade detectors. After using the Ace 250 for about 6 months, I was ready for a better detector and bought an X-Terra 70. I have since bought several coils for the X-Terra. I don't use the 250 anymore, but keep it for others that may want to go detecting with me. The 250 is a great detector to buy to find out if you really like metal detecting. I have found that I love the hobby and that is why I upgraded. Some people never really get all that interested or only occasionally detect. The 250 is perfect for that type of person and the small coil could add to the fun.

Good Hunting, John K

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
thnaks for your replies all

Your input is always greatly appreciated!!! ;D

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
When pinpointing with a sniper coil, where is the sweet spot? Directly under the middle of the coil? I am hoping to get one in a few months.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't have the ACE, but have used 4 + 5" "sniper" coils on other machines a lot in trashy parks. They arent's depth hogs, but really do sniff out the goodies among the trash. They force you to slow down if you're trying to hunt an area thoroughly, but that's not a bad thing in my book. Better to hunt a smaller area well than a larger one poorly. I'm betting those that use one will be glad they added it to their arsenal. My two bits.
HH
Bill

urbss

Sep 15, 2005
Cresson, PA
stanjam said:
When pinpointing with a sniper coil, where is the sweet spot? Directly under the middle of the coil? I am hoping to get one in a few months.

I just bought one and was wondering the same thing!!!

katzgalore

Greenie
Apr 10, 2008
YES!

The sniper is good not only in trashy areas but great for getting close to sidewalks and up next to houses and around trees. :cat:
Katz

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
Hey Larry, Did you get the sniper coil ? If so, how do you like it ? The 250 is really a good little coin finder !

Good hunting, John K

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions