goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
As many of you know I've been using the FootPrints maps for the Greaterville area for some time now to research and locate areas to prospect. I can't say enough as to how good a job that Clay Diggins did in putting these programs together. What I didn't know about was the "psychic abilities" included in the program.

The other night I was experimenting with the "Western States Gold Atlas" portion of the program in an effort to locate some prospecting areas closer to our home. (It's over a two hour drive from our house to the claim in Greaterville) As I hadn't used the Gold Atlas before I was playing around trying to learn and understand its operation. I zoomed into the area around the house and turned on the faults layer. To my surprise it showed that there is a fault that runs within a mile of our house.

I found this interesting enough to point out to Robi and as soon as I had finished telling her about it and was returning to my computer, the 5.2 quake outside of Duncan, AZ hit!!!! As it was only a 5.2 and was centered approx. 90 miles north of us we only got a bit of a shake from it but no damage to the homestead. Robi, being from back east, doesn't have much experience with quakes, while myself being from California, pretty much grew up with them so to me it was no big thing.

I just found it funny that as soon as I told Robi about the fault by the house which I had found with the FootPrints program that the Duncan quake hit. :o

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread