The Amber Room

retriever

Jul 2, 2014
Dover,Kent
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi everyone!

At the moment i am new in treasure hunting but i'm very interested in one in particular which is The Amber Room,i also look into other kind of findings/hunts such as lost art or other items looted during the German occupation of the 1930's and 1940's,if anyone's got intererest on this or anything you are after i'll be glad to share any ditails or ideas,thank you all and have a good hunt.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Retrecer: Coffee ?? Yes the amber room is quite a target, but?? My best suggestion is see el Crow or corp. It has defied the best with all known information and ability to search where others are not. You have your work cut out for you since sooo many documents are not available to the general public. More coffee ?

Don Jose de la Mancha

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It was looted from Yekaterinsky Palace,just outside of St Petersburg,by the Nazi's in 1941,then packed into 27 crates and shipped back to Gremany.It was taken to Konigsberg in East Prussia on the Baltic coast,where it was last seen in 1943.
It has been claimed that it was destroyed by Allied bombing,hidden in an abandoned mine in Thuringia,Germany,or transported to the Nazi base in Antartica by U-boat.
In 1997,one of the Florentine mosaics of the Amber Room was discovered,and its ownership is still being disputed in court.

OP
OP
R

retriever

Jul 2, 2014
Dover,Kent
Primary Interest:
Other
i,ve found out that one of the Commanders of the SS was left alone and deserted with the loot,he was meant to send it to somewhere in the south west of germany near the french/swiss border but i can't find the destination nowhere,well i'll keep searching,by the the way thank you all for the answers i'll try to make the most of it.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
hello retriever if ya want a long career in researching lost treasure you have to have patience like a tiger stalking its prey. Every move is calculated and weighed up. so don't be in such a hurry.

When fishing for information is it is actually like fishing for real. In other words one has to cast the right bait....

You know there is many story versions of the Amber Room?

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps it is still where it was last seen?

[video]http://rt.com/news/russia-amber-police-treasure-675/[/video]

Crow

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
I don't think that find was from the amber room. The cellar belonged to a guy engaged in the illegal mining and selling of amber on the black market. It was just his stash.

What we do know about the Amber Room is that it was taken from Leningrad in 1941. It was packed into 27 crates and shipped to Konigsberg where Hitler had planned to turn Konigsberg Castle into an art museum.

In 1944, the British and Russians began bombing and shelling the city. Konigsberg castle was damaged but not destroyed. The rest of the town was decimated. And as the Russians were advancing to take the city in 1945, Hitler gave the order to move the treasures. But the guy in charge of moving those treasures decided to flee for his life instead.

So what happened to all of the treasure after that point is up for debate. One theory is that the Amber Room was loaded onto the MV Wilhelm Gustloff which was then sunk by a Russian Sub. It was a part of the final evacuation of German troops and civilians out of Prussia. But as there was much interest in the wreck which is designated a war grave, diving on the site is forbidden.

Another theory is that it was taken by unknown members of the Red Army, never to be seen again.

A third theory is that they were hidden in an abandoned mine somewhere in the area. This would make sense because it was well documented that the Germans did just that in other areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread