IMG_20170208_144452.jpg
    859 KB · Views: 141

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice piece...From 925-1000 website:
Hi there, I am the current Owner of Plat Mex of Empresa Plat Mex SA, some clarifications, we have been in the industry for over 60 years, located in Mexico City, NOT Taxco.

We currently specialize in the manufacturing of high-end jewelry in Platinum, gold and silver. We have, and always have manufactured with the highest standards and quality, using always the combination of state of the art technology and skilled craftsmanship. Our facility offers A to Z manufacturing from a napkin design to a finished item.

We currently have more than 1,200 different models and manufacture some of the pieces and collections of world renowned designers. If you want to learn more visit our website.

Be sure that, whenever you see the Name Empresa Plat Mex, PlatMex, Plat-Mex, platmx or any of our signature stamps or logo, you will get the best quality work possible.

Thank you,
Sincerely,

Lior Jacob

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The eagle mark makes it 1979 or older. Can't beat the price!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info drmad, I didn't even bother to look in the maker yet. That eagle mark was the first thing I noticed to indicate it wasn't a plated piece. I did know it was the a mark that was discontinued sometime in the 70s. Over the years I have purchased some of the more desirable Mexican silver. 2, Spratling pieces, 1 Fred Davis and 1 Antonio Pineda. I've seen some pieces by those makers, and other better known Mexican silversmiths, but priced to high. My mission is to seek the over looked treasures. Not pay full retail. Once in awhile I will find a good piece offered by say a knowledgeable antique dealer and they'll negotiate a price I can flip for a profit. Then I'll spend more. As of the last 3 years now I've been hoarding all the gold and silver finds that are cheap. Any weighted piece I mostly scrap and use to buy stuff from a gold, silver and coin dealer who gets some really nice jewelry pieces in his dealings. Now he's starting to look more into what interests me and getting tougher to deal with on something like a Georg Jensen that comes his way, but still he deals with me because I've been kindof a steady customer. I got him good once on a Jensen piece and now he looks more into signed pieces..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread