The Beach is still Hot May 2015 -New York Militia Plate Found

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Glad to see the Ocean Temperature rising along with the cooler Spring weather. I found this Plate about 400 to 500 yards from where i found the South Carolina Palmetto Militia Plate also on the beach( google search ). As everyone know the Beaches are sanded in plus all the Re-Nourishments that was Plate 1.JPG 016.JPG 019.JPG May 2015 2.JPG 007.JPG 031.JPG done in Florida. One location that I Beach detect has 5 feet of additional sand since last November.In the group display 1800's Buttons are on the left side and a couple of Large cent are on the right side, also a Seated Dime and a Shield Nickel just like it came out of the sanded, Thanks for viewing-goldnugget.I use a Minelab Excalibur with an 8 inch coil and a Fantastic Babbs scoop with a stainless steel tip and Merrills sandals. I normally hunt this area about 8-12 hours per visit-

Last edited:
Upvote 7

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. By sanded, you mean the tide has brought in the extra sand or humans did? Were these found in the added sand? Your nickel is like mine...tough isn't it?

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There where once many soldiers of the civil war that fought hand in hand, for where they lie down and died there image passed into the dirt and the sand ,for many relics we find bearing no name, when we clutch them in our palms we can still feel there pain, nice NEW YORK PLATE NUGGET,vanzutphen

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions