The best all-round tesoro detector

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to see a video of the Cibola on the wet sand, tried my Compadre and falsing was crazy. I love the Vaquero, i used one for a brief time and was pretty darn deep and fast !

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to see a video of the Cibola on the wet sand, tried my Compadre and falsing was crazy. I love the Vaquero, i used one for a brief time and was pretty darn deep and fast !

I took my Cibola to the beach and it was great on the dry sand. The moment I touched wet sand or salt water the thing went nuts. Falsing like crazy to the point of being un-usable. Perhaps it depends on location. This is on the coast of Maine. I think the Cibola is a great machine, but the lack of ground balance can become exceedingly frustrating and limiting in tough soil conditions.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my Cibola to the beach and it was great on the dry sand. The moment I touched wet sand or salt water the thing went nuts. Falsing like crazy to the point of being un-usable. Perhaps it depends on location. This is on the coast of Maine. I think the Cibola is a great machine, but the lack of ground balance can become exceedingly frustrating and limiting in tough soil conditions.

I figured that would be the case even my Multi-frequency machines sound off a bit at times in the salt.

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No one mentioned the Cortes ! I have one of them, plus Stingray and Sand Shark, plus my original, C&G Wildcat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread