Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy your new machine ewcoinhunter! Us WHITE'S guys are out numbered here, but we still find our
fair share, maybe miss a fair share of finds. E-tracs do do well if you know what its telling you.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Dirt fishing Wolf said:
Enjoy your new machine ewcoinhunter! Us WHITE'S guys are out numbered here, but we still find our
fair share, maybe miss a fair share of finds. E-tracs do do well if you know what its telling you.

How do you think us Fisher guys, oops, guy, feels?

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you made a good choice,and will have alot of success in the field...The etrac is beast...and will find the goods if you get over them....You will be fillin your coffers before you know it...

Much luck out there

Soup

OP
OP
ewcoinhunter

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Thnaks guys. Will keep all posted, a little learning curve from the SE Pro. See you guys in the dirt.

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Do yourself a favor and go to a sports store and pick up a roll of tennis racket handle wrap without the breathing holes. Cost is like $6.00. It keeps the foam handle clean and makes for easy cleaning. Just a wet rag and the wrap is clean. It also keeps the foam from twisting as you swing which will eventually happen with use.

You might want to invest in a new set of headphones as well. The headphones that come with the etrac suck. Singles are muddy. With a good set of headphones the signals are more clear and sharp which is good for eventually learning the difference between can lids/twist tops and coins.

Congrats on the purchase.

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
Dirt fishing Wolf said:

How do you think us Fisher guys, oops, guy, feels?
We NON E-trac owners can do just as good, the operator is the one that decides DIG or NOT to DIG.

OP
OP
ewcoinhunter

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
D Dub I do not like the Koss phones either. Ron at Windy City gave me credit towards the Killer B's, so that is what I have now. Thanks for the information on the wrap. Look forward to taking you up on that offer if it still stands!

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Congrats on the etrac. Keep us posted when the silver starts rolling in.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new machine. Looks like the competition is getting tougher and tougher by the day here in IL. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread