Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The BIG BOY'S 6 inches Plus......Postem

There may be a thread for this :dontknow: but I haven't seen it.So I'd like to see all the 6" plus real deal spears/knives/lanceolates. Most of you have seen my two that qualify.For those who have not the large Morrow Mountain was handed down though the family from My Great Grandfather who caught it in a oyster dredge as a young man back late 1800's early 1900's.The other was found by me years ago and given to dad as he loved his native American artifacts.Got it back when he pasted away.He loved going down the river spending countless hours just looking from a boy till he got sick & tought me the tricks of the hobby.:headbang:
Anyway here's a new look at mine that fit this category................
Take Care,
Hope to see some Eye Poppers,
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    857.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    606.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    902 KB · Views: 121
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    672.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    815.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is a large one.. there is an ugly points thread we started a while back.
LOL. Just saying.. :-)

That one actual would have been fairly nice had in not been broken up and missing a few pieces. Now I have some whole ones that are G10 +'s on the ugly scale that i'm scared to take a picture of.

That one actual would have been fairly nice had in not been broken up and missing a few pieces. Now I have some whole ones that are G10 +'s on the ugly scale that i'm scared to take a picture of.

Take the pic anyway.

I don't know how the last post snuck in here but here are my longest personal finds from Central Illinois. At six inches is a Mississippian Ramey Knife and at 5 5/8 inches is an Early Woodland point.

Last edited:
It was an e-bay find, and it is an authentic Brian Reinhart reproduction. There are thousands of them out there.
I hope you knew that when you brought it.I've never gotten the bug to want to buy something myself.I like knowing it's the real deal either found by me or my dad assures me of that.I guess it's something to look at but I know for me I couldn't ever appreciate it like something that's been made thousands of years ago & made for a true purpose to live off of.
Take Care,

I hope you knew that when you brought it.I've never gotten the bug to want to buy something myself.I like knowing it's the real deal either found by me or my dad assures me of that.I guess it's something to look at but I know for me I couldn't ever appreciate it like something that's been made thousands of years ago & made for a true purpose to live off of.
Take Care,

I understand completely Pete. I knew exactly what I was buying. The Reinhart reproductions are getting to be collectable, so I thought I should have one of them too.
The rest of the stuff in that frame is good though.

Joel

Nice investment quito. They are probably going to be worth a bit of $.

7 & 1/4" largest personal find

SoWeGa

Attachments

• fr3.jpg
    fr3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 80
  • fr2.jpg
    fr2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00147.jpg
    DSC00147.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 86
Just shy of 6", personal find

SoWeGa repost

Attachments

• DSC04819.JPG
    DSC04819.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC04821.JPG
    DSC04821.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 86
Hello,
I posted this one once before. It was a gift from a friend. To bad about the plow damage at least the two big pieces are together again. It's Hixton material and was found about 15 miles from Silver Mound here in Wisconsin.

Thanks,

SidevalveBig blade.jpg

Ok maybe I do have 1. It might not be completely finished I am really not sure. The material seems almost to lite to be ever used. It was one of my first finds since my hunting fever kicked in. It is 6 inches long and found in N Ga.

Attachments

• 100_2092.JPG
    100_2092.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
here is one 6"x2.5"
IMG_0041.jpg IMG_0040.jpg IMG_0042.jpg

i have one made
from KRF about the same size but i gotta find it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back