The Big Hunt - Thanks to TNet --

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DELAYED POST : Hi, this Thread was delayed due to technical and physical problems on my end ok.
what happened was that I met a guy here, JWarner, from Nevada. He had a friend who was coming to Boston that wanted to go digging. I contacted him and we traded our info. We arranged for his friend Jeff Thompson to meet me here at my house and we'd go digging from here on August 17th. Well the big day came and sure enough me and Jeff hooked up. When I planned this Hunt I wanted to give Jeff the best chance at finding Colonial coins and stuff so I planned that we would go to Dartmouth, MA
I did some research and found 9 Farms in that area. The reason I chose that area was because it served as the main food supply area for the Colonists in the 1600's as they migrated from East to West.
Well when we got there we got permission to hunt 5 of the 9 farms. Thing was the grass was so high we could not swing a detector because of it. So we werre very limited in the areas we really could hunt. After doing a few fields we stumbled upon the Cromwell Farm and got permission to hunt. Well we searched the whole front part of the farm and found ZERO.!!! So we went to a back part of the farm. The first signal I got was a toasted LC and nothing else turned up for either of us. Then we tried a few more farms to no avail at all. That's right folks, We got SKUNKED.!!! I could not believe it myself. 5 Colonial Farms and only one fried LC to show for it. We were shocked.!!! :dontknow: We tried to get permission to hunt one last farm but were denied.
The good part of the whole thing is that I made 2 new good friends from Nevada and even though we got skunked we can make plans to go digging in the future. NONE of this would ever have been possible if had not been for TNet. I want to thank all those Admins who keep this place running so smoothly. May God Bless you guys for all your hard work.
To Joshua & Jeff, Don't worry guys. We will nail it on our next hunt ok. God Bless. PEACE:RONB

Here are the pictures :

JEFF READY FOR THE DIG :

Attachments

• JEFF READY FOR A DIG SAM_0490.JPG
    JEFF READY FOR A DIG SAM_0490.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well unfortunately i'm still having technical difficulties, i can't see anything on this post.
:(

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I could not get the other pictures to resize correctly for the Forum. Maybe next time. I'm learning. PEACE:RONB :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a great time. I have yet to meet a Tnet member I did not like or hit it off with. I normally hunt alone in my area, but I love group hunts with the B.O.B.s and the silver mafia in NC. I even went to the Diggin in PA event back in April. So many memories, looking to make more.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Barker,

Looks like you made a nice friend and and had a great time. It's the journey that counts! :icon_thumleft:

Regards,

Doc

jwarner51

Aug 11, 2014
United states of America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ron for everything! We will kill it on the next hunt for sure, no doubts! I'm glad to say I've made a great friend on the east coast and can't wait to get out there with you!

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Josh; Come lae November. The fields are plowed and the stuff is everywhere ok. Great to know you guys to. PEACE:RONB

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome you got to hook and go MD'ing!
Too bad about getting skunked.
We've had some real dry weather here so that may have been a factor. Those deeper items sometimes need some moister in order for the detector to reach down there.

Hopefully next time you'll all find a ton.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread