The boys built this.....

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
The only cost was the welder. Give them a pile of nothing and they can turn it into something pretty amazing. I love their imagination. I'll have to get a picture of the rolling wood racks for you. The grate on top of the stove is for food. One of us always has something keeping warm up there in the winter months, normally a soup or stew. I can't get them to come in from the garage to eat, if you can't beat 'em join 'em. :D

Attachments

• woodstove jeff 002.JPG
    woodstove jeff 002.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 528
  • woodstove jeff 004.JPG
    woodstove jeff 004.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 530
  • woodstove jeff 005.JPG
    woodstove jeff 005.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 538

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Its 40 below here this morning...no school....so that stove is looking pretty good to me! Great job Boys and the stew sounds great Kim!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Gypsy, 40 below? DANG! Hurry on over, cuddle up to that stove, make sure to bring the girls, we'll keep you warm. Oh you may have to nudge Micki over, her favorite spot is to have her head under the stove. I swear one of these days her brain is going to melt ::).

Stay inside and be safe, that temp. is dangerous.

CACHEHNTR

Jan 25, 2006
Hibbing, Mn
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME looking stove! I wish I would have learned to weld. Gypsy I feel ya,-40 below here too not a school open in Michigan's good old U.P. US higway 2 is closed down in spots and the Makinaw bridge is closed to semi's. GRRRRRRRRRRR I hate winter!

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome stove! I don't know everyone here well, by boys do you mean your sons? How old are they? That's really impressive for someone to build, boy or not.
The things people on this site come up with, make, draw, paint, build kinda make me feel untalented. ;) I'm gonna take some before and after pix in my grooming salon to post here so I can show my skills.
Thanks for showing us!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Welding sure is an art in itself isn't it? Except for those little burns all over your clothes and arms, that is not art. ;)

I'm gonna see if they can make that bell ring, now that's funny.

Sara, the youngest of my boys is 45 and I'm younger than that. My husband and his friends are always building something in the garage. It's easier to call them my boys than say Gerry and Gary (both pronounced Gary) Jeff and Jeff, Dan and Dan, Dave and Dave, oh and don't forget brother Darrell. :D And no I'm not kidding when it comes to the names. They all call me Auntie Kim. We'd love to see some before and after pictures of the grooming, dogs I take it? If so we need to talk on how to give a hound who is terrrified of water a bath :D!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see the guys on Antique Roadshow trying to date that piece! 8)
Very creative and practical piece they made.

Don

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Creative they are Van, wait until you see the wood racks. I'll get them this afternoon.

Don funny you say that, the bottom door of the stove is somewhere around 140 years old. It came off the original wood/coal stove from our house. When they took out the old octopus they kept the door. A friend knew we were building the stove and donated the "bell" door, I really am not sure of the age of that one.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job boys, with that kind of weather, it comes in handy.
Both my boys(29 & 30) are welders, amongst other things.

Fossis............

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Nice looking stove!
I like the bell...gives it that homey look :)
Great job guys ;D

TW

S

stefen

They say that neccesity is the mother of inventions and obviously you had a need.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell the guys beautiful job! It looks really warm!!

Gypsy you and the girls stay in and warm!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kim,

The guys really did an outstanding job on the wood stove. Those stoves can really put out the heat.

;) RR

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the names, I can see why you just call them the boys! As far as I know there's no way to fix the hound. Cesar Milan on the other hand could surely do something. :D I have to start work at 6:30 am tomorrow and I will try to take befores AND afters. I have so many that are one or the other but I really want to post them so I will take the time.
Keep warm!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Stefen is correct, the chamber above the bell is actually going to help to heat water for the house. With the price of oil we need to do something. Mother nature beat us to the punch though, the ground froze before we got the pipes in the ground. Maybe they will heat the pool for me this spring :D.

Here is a picture of the wood racks they built, they are on wheels. They roll them outside, stack close to a half cord of wood on them, and roll them back in. Again no cost except maybe a couple of the swivel wheels on the bottom. The steel came from the Snowmobile store next door. The sleds and 4 wheelers are shipped in crates made with square stock steel and they just throw the crates away. What a waste! We have stock.

Attachments

• club sled 011.jpg
    club sled 011.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 324

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread