The cache of new years eve

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did'nt find this small cache today but recently. I was on a site doing some dowsing for crude oil after an initial photo dowse indicated potential for crude oil. I completed verifying that there was crude oil and after a quick lunch as always decided to do my usual dowsing routine for treasure.
I picked up on an attraction area but was burning daylight. After I got home and back in my dowsing room I dowsed the aerial pic I used for crude oil and dowsed it for treasure. We have had a mild winter thus far and decided to return to pin down the attraction area as the ground is still soft enough to hand dig. I also wanted to pinpiont the crude oil pods/structures/fractures to determine where to place the oil drill rig soon. What is pictured below was less than 2 feet deep and I was suprised the paper money (completely weatherproof sealed) was in as good a shape as it was.
Whenever I recover a cache I always wonder what led up to the creation of it. I did'nt notice anything on the surface or nearby to give indication of a cache marker but learned recently that some logging was done so I figured maybe that wiped out the markers that were used by whomever to return to the cache? It was also very close to where the property line is so maybe a posthole bank?
But then again who knows.
I was not able to get any the wheat pennies (about 10 pounds) that were part of the cache in the picture as they are being examined by the reseacher/coin expert on my dowsing team.
What is picture are silver dimes, silver quarters, silver halves, paper money, metal pennies, indian cents,
v nickels/buffalo nickels.
Just as metal detectorists re check the hole, it's always a good idea for dowsers to check a site thoroughly.
You never know whats out there.
Jon

Attachments

• newyearseve2011cache.jpg
    newyearseve2011cache.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 418

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you got at least a few nice silver coins Jon. I'd check all the Buffalo nickels carefully for 3 legged type mint error. Great find Jon! :thumbsup:

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. You make it look so easy.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red_desert said:
Looks like you got at least a few nice silver coins Jon. I'd check all the Buffalo nickels carefully for 3 legged type mint error. Great find Jon! :thumbsup:

Thank you Red_desert! That's a good point to check those buffalos for 3 legs. We have some more from previous finds in our dowsing/metal detector club showcase that may not have been looked at.
I prefer bison that have 4 legs though, their mighty tasty! lol
Jon

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bookcliff said:
Good job. You make it look so easy.
Thanks bookcliff!

Parts of the hunt was easy, and parts of the hunt was not.
I have a tendency to think that if I'm not having fun, I must be doing something wrong, lol
I just try to enjoy myself during the process and learn as I go.
Nothing ever happens the same way twice.

Jon

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Wow Jon !?

Nice one. Well done. I've nominated this for a banner. Most of the dowsers here are consistently the most helpful, well-meaning people on Tnet. Jon's cream of the cream.

Happy New Year to everyone that knows me. Jon, Art in particular. This post makes my day Jon. I've just spent a week under house arrest with a viral infection and doing plenty of reading on dowsing (as ever!) but very little field work >:(

Jon and I have some unfinished business; as have I and Art. i.e. maps generously dowsed but my end of the deal incomplete. Fieldwork ain't easy !!!

Roll on 2012. I gotta feelin.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An Ri Rua said:
Wow Jon !?

Nice one. Well done. I've nominated this for a banner. Most of the dowsers here are consistently the most helpful, well-meaning people on Tnet. Jon's cream of the cream.

Happy New Year to everyone that knows me. Jon, Art in particular. This post makes my day Jon. I've just spent a week under house arrest with a viral infection and doing plenty of reading on dowsing (as ever!) but very little field work >:(

Jon and I have some unfinished business; as have I and Art. i.e. maps generously dowsed but my end of the deal incomplete. Fieldwork ain't easy !!!

Roll on 2012. I gotta feelin.

Hello An Ri Rua!
Ceud Mile Failce again!
Happy new year to you and everyone.
Thank you for the kind words, the nomination and for giving me the opportunity to dowse your material. I'm very passionate about what I do, and like yourself it pleases me when I see you and others wanting to learn more about dowsing, myself included, by sharing information and techniques with each other. By all means take the time to become well again. The time will come when you will make a recovery from a dowsing done by someone and/or yourself and even if it's just a single coin, it will be something you will never forget.
I wish you and everyone a healthy and prosperous 2012.
Take care,
Jon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to nominate your find Jon for the Banner, now just did it. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red_desert said:
I was going to nominate your find Jon for the Banner, now just did it. :icon_sunny:

Thank you Red_desert!
I appreciate your kind gesture. :)
Jon

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Nice looking cache. Here's wishing all of you the best of luck in the new year and beyond. Finding one makes you almost addictive to the sport of dowsing. Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockhound said:
Nice looking cache. Here's wishing all of you the best of luck in the new year and beyond. Finding one makes you almost addictive to the sport of dowsing. Good Luck. rockhound

Thank you rockhound!
Jon

txnpuller

Feb 28, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi jon thats great i nominate your find Jon for the Banner to thats just awesome . I have not had the time to go and dig my stuff . soon i will and will let you know what i find.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txnpuller said:
hi jon thats great i nominate your find Jon for the Banner to thats just awesome . I have not had the time to go and dig my stuff . soon i will and will let you know what i find.

Hi txnpuller!
Thank you! That was very kind. I hope to work on some more projects with you.
Jon

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wendysox said:
That is really a cool find. Congratulations.

Thank you and welcome to Tnet!
Jon

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Nice find teleprospector. Being known as a skeptic in the LRL forum, but undecided about dowsing, I think your find is wonderful. You do have my interest in dowsing peaked. I do have some questions and hope you will be so kind and answer them.

1) After map dowsing did you continue to dowse in the field like you did for the oil?
2) Did you utilze a Metal Detector also?

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
werleibr said:
Nice find teleprospector. Being known as a skeptic in the LRL forum, but undecided about dowsing, I think your find is wonderful. You do have my interest in dowsing peaked. I do have some questions and hope you will be so kind and answer them.

1) After map dowsing did you continue to dowse in the field like you did for the oil?
2) Did you utilze a Metal Detector also?
Hi werleibr,
Thank you, I'm thrilled you enjoyed my post/find and that your interest is peaked. I don't want people to get the impression that a dowser can just walk in and out with the prize the first time on site.
If you knew all the setbacks and failures that I and other dowsers have experienced, your interest may wane. I have had more failures than successes as each search is different than the last and brings its own challenges. I try to use dowsing equipment every day and do my best to interpret the instruments movements. The only real way to discover dowsing is to give it an honest try and give it some time.
I beleive in following my passions. That satifies me. If I can help someone get started or something more comes from it then that makes it all the more worthwhile emotionally.

1) Yes, I always field check a map/photo dowse wether I do it or if I have someone else photo dowse an area for me as a double check. With this one, I knew silver was present in the field first, then did a photo dowse to see approx. where the attraction was as this was a crude oil dowse. The attraction seemed close enough to intersect and close in on it. I ended up having some more field time and decided to check for treasure, plus, I did'nt want to wander too far off during hunting season. Dowsing often reveals lots of treasure attractions out there and I don't always follow up on them.
2) Yes I use metal detectors as often as I can. Some dowsing intersection points are near metal fences which makes it difficult to use metal detectors. I usually then dig around the intersection point without the metal detector. Post hole type banks are not that deep, my Cortes with the standard coil does a fine job. On a wide open brush free no metal fence site I ofter walk around with the 2-box.
Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions