The Canadians are Invading!!!!!!

deeptarget

Mar 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran through 2 boxes of dimes today (brinks plastic) pulled all the silver rolls i saw and put aside to open in excitement!! Low and behold all 13 rolls of what looked like silver through the plastic were all Canadian dimes!!!! I don't mind getting skunked but damn that was mean.

Upvote 0

saturn19

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2011
I noticed that too, it gets your heart rate up when you see a 'silver' edge. In the last box of dimes I did, it happened about 6 times, only 1 was actually silver.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Are u close to the canadian border? I get about 20 of those fakers per $100 in US dimes, and I usually go thru $20k in dimes a year, so they add up quick. I have to get creative to move them. It gets so u can tell the US silver over silver-looking canadians just by the edge. On the plus side, I have found about 2 rolls worth of real silver canadian dimes.

Last edited:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya you can tell from the edge that they are canadian after you do enough volume....your eye will get trained. I still always checked them all to be sure but was rarely ever wrong.

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's a paper roll, use a magnet before opening it. That way if you see a silver edge on a non magnetic roll, you know it's silver. Though that can backfire as I opened a roll recently that stuck to a magnet, and I went to pull out the silver edge coin and saw it was a Roosevelt. The canadian was several coins away. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread