Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....it was a day. A day just like the one before and probably like the one tomorrow. I awoke with the Bells of Saint Mary's ringing in my head....a present given to me by Bud when I had my guard down.

This gumshoe(can call myself that as I had my green Kermit the Frog boots on)called on his associate Tony the Twinkle, who wasn't able to make this caper as he was undergoing rehab for his back which he hurt taking out the "garbage." Then Called "Lefty One Thumb Kahanna" who I'd done the dew with before but he wouldn't go out in the rain as he is only 5'5 and would more then likely shrink to 5'3. I was on my own with no back up. Knew there would be some "wet" work involved so I donned my blue rain gear and headed to a place where loose lips are common thinking I might overhear the where abouts of the lost thistle ring.
P4150011.jpg

Had to keep my wits about me as the whole Bud Clan was there and giving me the thousand yard stare.
P4150012.jpg

Wanted a level playing field and I found it but it was crawling with dirty coppers......and no ring!
P4150010.jpg

Being a one time field agent I next hit one!
P4150005.jpg

The place had really gone to the dogs which I gave the right of way to.
P4150007.jpg

Thought this was a good place to dig up the cash I needed for my bookie, Mr. Sixforty Nine who would be around Wednesday to collect. Again everywhere I looked and searched there was another dirty copper. Think the donut shops would keep better tabs on them. Didn't end up with a fin nor a sawbuck but I did have the coppers in my pocket. Time was running out as the Boss and I had a meet and greet at 1500 hrs...AST (Atlantic Standard Time)One dame I sure wouldn't want to be on the bad side of. I continued to investigate the area and came up with an unknown...totally baffled as to what it was.
P4150027.jpg

After this up close and personal encounter with the unknown I discovered my target.
P4150019.jpg

Case closed but time had run out so I had to think quick. I had to think hard. How do I explain my lateness to the Boss. Knew a Chinaman who was close to her and said he could "fix" it
P4150013.jpg

or should I take off my blue rain suit and come clean?
P4150014.jpg

No pain no gain so I offered no excuse to her but buttered her up with Chineese food and the thistle ring.....and it worked.
My take on the caper was the dewy, zipper,a skull from a Bud (he was well worked over) silver ring and 111 coins @$4.67.
My Garretts and finds are now well protected by my cousin, Manuel Labour!
P4150016.jpg

Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on the ring. Looks like a pineapple to me.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nice finds!

Love reading your posts, and Chinese food is always a good idea, well, most of the time anyway.

That unknown thing - yes, it does kinda look like a lighter, but might it be one of those "protection" things - if the owner felt s/he was in danger, hit the button and it screams for ya - that kind of protection thingy.

Good job with the hunt; keep on posting 'em

HH
Nan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread