Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh IPUK about that story...

It seems my poor memory is slipping..... Here is story of an alleged discovery's in the 1930s there are several stories. This one cave with a gold idol and skelentons found by prospector. Another version I read somewhere was a road crew. However there could be one or versions of this story or even two seperate discoveries?

The Daily News  Wednesday 24 September 1930, page 1.jpg

Here is another Newspaper story the Singleton Argus December 2 1932 A 140 gold nuggets, gold Armour, neck-lets and other valuables.

Singleton Argus , Friday 2 December 1932, page 2 TREASURE FOUND.jpg

All this enough keep alive the treasure stories of vast hoard to be found in Ecuador.

Crow

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow, Britlander yer on my list if you stop here. I expect a continuation later or else. I apologize in that I have nothing to contribute, just quietly absorbing your data. Don Jose de La Mancha
Argh, Matie. I second that! If he doesn't keep up the good work, I am going to pull out me plank. Don Jose', I have a feeling this just might be yer long lost brother?!? ;)

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Ar whats all this a mutiny brewing? Aye you mateys play rough.:laughing7:

And just when when I aroused from my siesta.

Between walking plank and eating Don Jose Mary ki ki I better get posting then. Yeah we both have the Orish connection, both kissed the blarney stone in another lifetime and are tropical tramps at heart. You may be please to know there still a few of us old scallywags still out there roaming the pacific as free as where the wind takes us.

Crow

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Crow

Here is me working my but off in Archives and your sunning your but in some gorgeous location. Hey I think I got the bum deal?

IPUK Some interesting comments. It seems you have done quite a bit of research on the topic yourself?

Don Jose speaking about absorbing topic when are ya going to write that book. I am under explicit instructions from Hardluck to hound you.

Amy

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the real treasure? Seems Crow has all the treasures nature can provide……..sort of why I moved to Ecuador…………awesome food, weather, women……
The other treasure hunting, just an excuse to get out and enjoy what God and nature provides……
IPUK, have you ventured to SA?

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello CI

"IPUK Some interesting comments. It seems you have done quite a bit of research on the topic yourself?"

Yes, nothing definitive, but being based in England we are fortunate to have some leading institutions with impressive alumni in the fields of history, archaeology and exploration, so there exists the opportunity to indulge in one's passions and interests. Of course there is always good old Google as well....

doc-d

"IPUK, have you ventured to SA?"

Did you wish to discuss any particular place in South America...?:thumbsup:

IPUK

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc D, you mentioned to 'corp that one if the reasons for moving to Ecuador was "women" I rather think to that this doesn't really appeal to HER since she is already 'Tooked" and will prob.take her vows with him later this year ---sigh

I tried to explain to her that a mere 70 years difference in ages wasn't really that important but ------ sigh.

Cerow is on a male paradise trip, another sigh.

IPUK is definitely a tremendous asset in here, and sooner or later he will leave wet ole blighty land for a crack at SA treasures.

Don Jose de La Mancha.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Tayopa

Thank you for your kind words!

Some day there will be a story or legend that is achievable and when I can confirm its authenticity, providence and practicality, then it really will be game-on!

I have a young family and financially, cannot afford to start any hunt yet. Since my childhood, treasure, history, mystery, the unknown etc., have been things that have ignited my interest. This has not changed and I sincerely hope it never does.

My aim has always to get one particular story that is real and there is a true possibility of getting an end result, and then to spend all of my free time in evidencing it, confirming it and once all avenues of legalities and logistics have been looked into, then to go for it!
Many have come close to being the 'One' but doubt about its true nature and whether it is grounded in truth or myth, then result in it being dismissed. I am not disheartened!
I can continue to read, research, follow-up on leads and sooner or later will discover one that really gets my attention.

I hope by not relying on this to make me fantastically wealthy quickly, is what will separate things from being successful as oppose to being desperate and ultimately failing. I will take as long as is necessary and do all the ground work before venturing out somewhere.

My interest and aim has always been to get a proper lead for Central or South America.......

IPUK

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your insight Senor Don Jose de la Mancha………I am also married, but that does not preclude appreciating life in a country where the women are still content to be women……….you can infer I do not view the women of the former America as such, with very few exceptions of course.

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention that I looked into 'pirate' caches recently and what you, I and the Crowmeister were discussing in this and other threads about the Pacific being just as attractive as the Atlantic and Caribbean, there was some good possibilities. But I have not managed to look into some archives that are in Lima and difficult for a non-Spanish speaking or reading illiterate such as myself. Also, the cost and legalities of having a small vessel simply 'mooching' around various places in a vast area, prohibited looking into this further.

Very interesting nonetheless.

IPUK

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention that I looked into 'pirate' caches recently and what you, I and the Crowmeister were discussing in this and other threads about the Pacific being just as attractive as the Atlantic and Caribbean, there was some good possibilities. But I have not managed to look into some archives that are in Lima and difficult for a non-Spanish speaking or reading illiterate such as myself. Also, the cost and legalities of having a small vessel simply 'mooching' around various places in a vast area, prohibited looking into this further.

Very interesting nonetheless.

IPUK

Hello IPUK

I would not be too disappointed by not seeing the archival records in Lima. As you will discover there is very little there even with good Spanish. Most of the records from 1530 - 1800 are in Seville Spain. Much of the later Spanish period 1800 - 1825 has been lost due to mismanagement and many legal, contractual, documents have been sold off to private collectors. So has the later records from 1825-1880 was sold off or destroyed. Some universities bought some records otherwise records are all rather scattered.

My boss Hardluck has a massive collection several thousand of pages of various documents. In which he has been buying off other collectors over 30 years. He is considering returning this collection to the people of Peru and Bolivar and Ecuador when they are able to appreciate their own history, even their colonial one. To read each one, catalog and scan is long and expensive time consuming process.

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello IPUK

I would not be too disappointed by not seeing the archival records in Lima. As you will discover there is very little there even with good Spanish. Most of the records from 1530 - 1800 are in Seville Spain. Much of the later Spanish period 1800 - 1825 has been lost due to mismanagement and many legal, contractual, documents have been sold off to private collectors. So has the later records from 1825-1880 was sold off or destroyed. Some universities bought some records otherwise records are all rather scattered.

My boss Hardluck has a massive collection several thousand of pages of various documents. In which he has been buying off other collectors over 30 years. He is considering returning this collection to the people of Peru and Bolivar and Ecuador when they are able to appreciate their own history, even their colonial one. To read each one, catalog and scan is long and expensive time consuming process.

Amy

Hello CI

The documents I needed to view were in relation to local records in Lima pertaining to the hiring of vessels and inventories of goods. It is a real shame that so much important stuff has been lost due to the various factors you mention. The Archivo General de Indias in Seville is indeed a really good stopping point, but one thing I discovered to my surprise when looking into the Llanganatis/Valverde/Atahualpa's Ransom, was that much was not actually sent back to Spain itself, but that letters were sent outlining requests and that the original deroterros etc., were kept for 'safe-keeping' in the place of origin. Even though there was a bureaucratic process that was pretty efficient put in place by the Spanish, corruption, laziness, greed, indifference and cynicism were rife pretty much as they are today. The reason that the particular deroterro relating to the Valverde story was never discovered in Seville, was because it was never sent there and was in the archives of Quito. It then went missing sometime in the early 19th century and was actually referred to in a book I tracked down detailing mining in Ecuador from a similar time period. Whatever was in those fabled mountains in Ecuador, was retrieved soon after. A European gentleman during the early part of the 20th Century managed to get lucky with a lake in those mountains which contained 'offerings' by the locals (from centuries gone by) consisting of gold and silver which did not really amount to much. He used that as a basis to try and mount an expedition to check all the lakes and rivers in those mountains but died whilst on his way back to South America. The Ecuadorian government then did the checking and I'm not sure of the exact results, but they then decided to stock the lakes with fish after they had finished their surveys.

With a boss who can afford such philanthropic tendencies, don't you think he/she could also go by the nom de guerre of 'GoodLuck' rather than HardLuck?!:dontknow:
Surely they must have had a success or two to notch on to their records.....:laughing7:

Regards

IPUK

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello IPUK

The term Hardluck is a reflection on their dark ironic humor.....To get a straight answer on the subject on asking any of the Trio has ever found treasure? It is as about as difficult as getting Don Jose to write his book.

I am not privy to that equation. However they never seem ever short of money. when asked of the source of their income all you get is reply various enterprises.

Corp

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose

That page 11 was the page you were up to 12 months ago? Talk about Manyana time. Perhaps us girls better have a talk with your better half to crack the whip on you?

Perhaps Mastiff4me can make you walk the plank?

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI 'n' Don Tayopa

That is what is so admirable about the triumvirate of 'treasure-researchers' (Crow's definition:hello2:), that is they set out to conquer their aims and objectives and appear to have met all of their goals. Good on them and it is nice to see a success story because in this business I would have thought there really isn't many of those. All too often it is "nearly" or "might". That they are enjoying the fruits of their labour and had the tenacity to go and get what they believed in, is more than enough for me to raise a glass or two in recognition and admiration. Some day I hope some of us can try and attempt to emulate their achievements.

Going back to what gets us tickling those mind cells in interest and thought, have you folks got any views on the 'Treasure of Lima'?
That is the one where in the independence of Peru, it was rumoured that much valuables and treasure were hastily sent, by boat/ship, up the coast towards Mexico but disappeared, some say because of pirates/privateers, some say because of bad weather, and yet others due to complicity of authorities who wanted to appropriate the wealth of the citizens who did not manage to get away in time. It's one I've been intrigued by and have some various ideas on.:icon_scratch:

IPUK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions