THE CHISHOLM TRAIL HUNT

I fanally got home after making 25 trips to the fair building bringing food and prizes. Geeeez we may of went over board. I never seen so much out of state tags in this town. Hey you guys need to get here and get a number. If the cow dropps it on your number in the street you win a prize.
Burdie

NWS Weather Forcast

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 90. Breezy, with a south wind between 13 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 69. South southeast wind between 11 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. Breezy, with a south wind between 11 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind between 13 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sunday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84.

Sunday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Columbus Day: Partly cloudy, with a high near 79.

Strech and I will be leaving Lincoln around 11:00 am.

River Rat said:
River Rat said:
Chisholm Trail Hunt
October 5-7 2007
Caldwell, KS
“Don’t Forget To Bring List”

I originally complied this listing for the Missouri CW Encampment Hunt using a post “Packing My Jimmy”, Apr 12, 2006 by Jeff of PA.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic.33599.0.html

Metal Detector(s)
Extra coils
Pin Pointer
Shovel
Trowels/Digging Tools
Gloves
Knee Pads
Bug Spray
Sun Screen
Extra Batteries
Finds Pouch
Back Pack
Magnifying Glass
Binoculars
Towel(s)
Wet Wipes
Hat/Cap
Camera
Zip Lock Bags (for finds)
Camp Chair (resting & for bon fire)
Display(s) of finds
Blue Plaid Shirt (I believe this is for the luncheon, so we would know who to look for)

Music instruments – for those who plan to play

If there's anything else you can think of, please add!

;) RR

Bumped this back up to the current page so the new additions would see it.

Be safe traveling, see y'all Friday...

;)

RR

Bumped again.

Hey Noodle! Blame RR----she forgot to put headphones on the list. ;) ;D LOL

Up at 4AM chomping at the bit to get on the road. BB was laying there asleep mumbling something about the Hooter Girls we had seen last night at dinner. Hey it was the only place open! I left a $20 tip cause the poor girl waiting on us was falling out of her clothes and I told her that she could at least buy a pair of pants with the $20. :D ;) :D

Finally got BB up and moving and we are heading to KS. Only hope we don't get stopped at the border and searched. We might have some trouble esplaining the piece of heavy equipment we are carrying, and with all the electronics we are carrying I don't think we could ever convince any Peace Officer of our Good intentions in the lovely state of Kansas.

See you all in a few more short hours.

ME

and SHOES! Made the whole trip in my flipflops! Good thing there's a WM down the street! See ya'll in a few! Oh, and Burdie, those license plates lie. We're in a white SUV with INDIANA plates. ;) Can't believe everything you see today! -Noodle

Was so busy, I forgot this pic. Everyone made it safe to Caldwell.

Attachments

• wagons2.jpg
    wagons2.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 256
Ya'll think YOU feel bad!

I just admitted Dan to the hospital. Checking him for possible heart attack or close-to-heart-attack. He had shortness of breath the whole trip. Treadmill test next, either tonight or in the morning, if no bad enzymes show up in the blood work.

The hunt ended, the well broke at 1:30 this morning, I had to go back to work today, and now this.

Will keep you posted.

Noodle

OH NO NOODLE! :'( So sorry to hear it!!! I pray Dan gets to feeling better QUICKLY!

Nana :-\

Brenda, Lots of prayers are comming!
Give Dan a Big hug from all, and we pray it is something VERY minor!

Love Evy

Noodle,let me know how Dan is.I expressed concern to him several times and he promised he'd go see about it real soon.Guess that time came sooner than we thought.Tell him if he doesn't get out of there soon,fixed,you're gonna sell his fiddle!Let me know if I can do anything,and let's pray that it was just fatique from the trip.Love you guys,God Bless. Ron

Wow, WSD, sell his fiddle? That just might do him in for good. Do you know he built that fiddle? True. It's a 6-string, kinda rare, and it took him 6 months, but he did it. He told me tonight to bring it to him in the morning. I'll conveniently forget... ;)

Latest word... He's still in the ER cardiac unit waiting on a bonefide room to open up. Stress test in the morning, which won't last long. He can't even climb 4 steps without getting out of breath. They feel there's a blockage somewhere, just got to figure out where and how many.

I'll start a new thread if it looks like this is going to be drawn out. Thanks to everyone for their concerns and prayers. -Noodle

Noodle,
Keep us informed, in the mean time we will be praying for Dan.

TW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back