fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The powers that be shut down all non essential departments today due to the winter storm that struck. Everyone was told to stay inside and not drive unless absolutely necessary. Well, I drive for a living so I went to work this morning and was the only driver of three to show up. And, this is what the main throughways in our fair city looked like this morning during "rush" hour! The last picture shows the total accumulation at my house. At 4:30 pm it was only 27 degrees! That is COLD for down here in the deep south.

Attachments

• snow 3.jpg
    snow 3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 72
  • snow 2.jpg
    snow 2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 75
  • snow 1.jpg
    snow 1.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Dang - it was -2 degree's at 4:30AM here in PA!
I was born and raised in western Maryland so I should be used to cold weather. But, I have lived down here in south Georgia for so long that I guess I have lost my cold tolerance!

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
We had workers making a junk room on the roof of our house, here in rural Mexico. They had the radio on, and they told me there was a lot of talk on the radio about the Atlanta mess. Only one of them has lived in the frozen north, so he was probably the only one who could truly relate.

It was cloudy here around 70 degrees maximum. Not a bad day overall. I remember snow, but I am definitely trying to forget.

I learned to drive on ice and snow, and did so for many years. In the north, the first slippery time usually involves plenty of wrecks as people have forgotten over summer how to drive on ice and snow. but, the few times I have gone north in winter, it is like riding a bicycle. The minute I find myself on ice and snow it intantly comes back.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not want to be in Atlanta today. What a:censored: mess

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guilty here of not wanting to drive in a teaspoon of ice.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing how that little bit of snow can close a place down.

I was being a little sarcastic with my original post but, the city leaders did what they thought was best and everything went exceptionally well. We are not equipped to handle snow and ice so it was best to shut everything down. They were actually forecasting worse conditions than we got. I wish it had been an all snow event because that would have been easier to deal with. I have a Yankee friend that said he would rather have a foot of snow than a 1/4" of ice.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[video]Its a tool I am a guy. I am not returning it[/video]

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The powers that be shut down all non essential departments today due to the winter storm that struck. Everyone was told to stay inside and not drive unless absolutely necessary. Well, I drive for a living so I went to work this morning and was the only driver of three to show up. And, this is what the main throughways in our fair city looked like this morning during "rush" hour! The last picture shows the total accumulation at my house. At 4:30 pm it was only 27 degrees! That is COLD for down here in the deep south.
We got a little more than you did, but just like where you are located, this kind of weather rarely happens. We just don't have the equipment for snow removal. We didn't open yesterday, and we opened today at 10:00 am. Even then, the main hwy. was slicker than whale snot! The side roads was a solid sheet of packed down snow and ice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread